Chapter 56

Lisa hadn't been sleeping. No, how could she, when Chaeyoung was supposed to land in mere hours – there was no way the nerves and excitement and residual worry would've let her shut her eyes, not until Chaeyoung was there and she was sure she was safe and fine and definitely not dead. And so when the doorbell rang at almost five in the morning, she was confused about who it could be. She got up, and didn't bother to put on any pants as she walked over to the door clad in nothing but Chaeyoung's t-shirt and underwear. Whoever it was this early most likely didn't expect to find her fully dressed anyway.

Lisa opened the door, expecting to find either Jisoo or Jennie standing on it's other side. But instead, her eyes fell on the one person she hadn't known to expect, and her eyes widened when she realized that Chaeyoung was standing before her.

Chaeyoung smiled shyly, but made no move to come forward. "Hey."

She wanted to wait to see what Lisa did.

"Holy shit."

That was all Lisa managed to stammer, and for a long while, she just stared at Chaeyoung, half not believing that she was there – but then the realization hit her, and she threw herself into Chaeyoung's arms, a cry leaving her lips as Chaeyoung's arms caught her and wrapped around her waist. She nuzzled her face in Chaeyoung's neck, and laughed – and then she cried a little, a few tears escaping her eyes, and all the while Chaeyoung was there, holding her, her hand stroking her hair and her arms so tight around her that it was almost uncomfortable. But it wasn't, because she was being held by Chaeyoung, who most certainly was alive and fine and breathing, and Lisa could feel her pulse beneath her fingertips and it was just all too much for her to handle. Chaeyoung's heart was racing, and Lisa was certain hers was too – for a moment, she just stood there, arms wrapped around Chaeyoung as tightly as she could, her face buried in her neck, and felt whole again.

She withdrew eventually, just slightly, and their eyes met for just the briefest of moments before Lisa tightened her arms around Chaeyoung's neck and kissed her. Chaeyoung moved her hands down to Lisa's thighs and picked her up with all the ease in the world, and Lisa wrapped her legs even tighter around Chaeyoung's waist as she deepened the kiss, ignoring the fact that they were standing in the hallway and in anyone's view. Nothing else mattered to her except the fact that Chaeyoung was there.

Somehow, Chaeyoung managed to maneuver herself into the apartment whilst still holding and kissing Lisa, and after she'd kicked the door shut behind her, she pinned Lisa against it, giving her hands freedom to run up along Lisa's sides to cup her face. There was a desperation in both of them that couldn't be stifled, though neither of them really made any attempt to do so – it had been far too long, and now they both found themselves wanting, yearning for more, wanting it all in that one instant, and unable to fully comprehend the fact that the other was really there.

"I'm here," Chaeyoung murmured amidst kisses, "I'm here."

Lisa sighed and pulled her closer, her hands running through Chaeyoung's hair and just keeping her there. She was so overwhelmed by the fact that she was there – she hadn't expected her this soon, and yet there she was, holding her and kissing her and there with her.

"I need you closer," she whispered against Chaeyoung's lips. "Please."

Chaeyoung hummed when she felt Lisa's hips grind against her just slightly. "Right now, princess?"

Lisa didn't even bother to complain about the nickname. "Now."

Their lips met, and Chaeyoung's tongue slipped past Lisa's lips without protest; she pushed Lisa even tighter against the door, and the whimper that left Lisa's throat when her waist pressed into her core was more than precious. Chaeyoung almost shuddered with just everything that she felt – Lisa was there, she was there, she had her and held her and she was there, she wasn't alone anymore. They were together now, and Chaeyoung had no intentions of ever leaving.