Chapter 16

Two nights was as far as Chaeyoung's patience went. Two nights spent sleeping on an air mattress in Dara's study with Lisa. Lisa, who was adorable and insufferable and annoying and had god-awful yet stellar humor - Lisa, who had absolutely no ability to remain still while sleeping. Two whole nights Chaeyoung endured Lisa's continuous tossing and turning, and the tiny mutters and grumbles that the brunette let out on an almost periodical pattern; but the third night she was so tired that she could no longer stick it out.

Chaeyoung wasn't a light sleeper, not in the slightest, but on an air mattress even the slightest movement caused the whole bed to shake. And Lisa was moving around, a lot - way too much even. Chaeyoung managed to endure just about her limit of Lisa accidentally swatting at her face and stomach before groaning and trying to wake her up.

But Lisa was fast asleep, a small dribble of drool trickling from the corner of her mouth, and Chaeyoung groaned yet again in frustration. No amount of shaking or coaxing was enough to wake her, not when she was in deep sleep. Lisa slept like a dead body, as Jisoo said, and Chaeyoung soon realized there was no use in trying to wake her up.

"This fucking idiot..."

She laid back down and tried to go back to sleep, but not a moment later Lisa turned again, and her arm collided with Chaeyoung's cheek, and she then decided she'd had enough. Swiftly as she could, she turned Lisa so that she was facing away from her and wrapped her arms around her, effectively trapping her against her body and thus preventing her from moving. She shuffled closer, pulling Lisa's sleeping body up to her own, and laid her head down onto the pillow just close enough that a few of Lisa's hairs tickled her face.

She was surprised how good it felt.

And that surprise soon led to her being annoyed, but she was too tired to care. After all, she valued her sleep and Lisa seemed to have calmed down now that her arms were around her.

So what if her heart had started racing as though she were dying when she'd fully realized that she was essentially spooning her all-too-fast developing crush.

*****

Lisa woke up in the morning feeling both constricted and incredibly comfortable. She did not at first realize why this was, or why she'd woken. Slowly, as she drew out of her haze, she became overcome with the feeling that someone was watching her. She cracked one eye open and found Jennie standing in the doorway of the study, her brown eyes staring at her and a sly grin plastered on her face.

Lisa wondered why, but only for the briefest of moments.

And then she realized that there was a body pressed up against hers, and arms around her, and a face pressed into her neck, gentle breaths tickling her skin at constant, slow intervals. She didn't need to look to know that it was Chaeyoung. The realization and knowledge that Chaeyoung was spooning her would have surely made Lisa swoon, were it not for the fact that she was laying down.

In Chaeyoung's arms.

She was laying in bed, in Chaeyoung's arms.

And Jennie was staring at them with an insufferable grin on her face.

"Go away Jennie," Lisa grumbled. "And don't you dare tell Jisoo about this."

"Are you-"

"No."

"Then why-"

"I have no idea and I'd like to find out. Now go."

Jennie threw Lisa one annoyed look before turning on her heel and shutting the door after her. As soon as she'd done that, Lisa turned round roughly and shook Chaeyoung awake.