Chapter 14

When they finally stopped somewhere near West Virginia that night, Jisoo was more or less alright. Even so, she had not yet uncurled the ball that she was in, despite the fact that she was fine and no longer upset. She felt that once she did, she would need to talk to Jennie, and she had no intentions of doing that while Lisa and Chaeyoung remained within earshot.

She had to talk to Jennie, that much she knew. Jennie had kissed her. And she had kissed her back, and then her mind had been temporarily rendered incapable of basic functioning because Jennie had kissed her.

She both wanted and did not want to talk, but she knew that if she didn't she would most certainly die.

Now leave my girlfriend alone or I will hurt you.

Jisoo could hear Jennie's voice in her head, on repeat, and each time she thought of it sent shivers down her spine. Jennie had been furious with Jinyoung to the point where Jisoo had actually feared she'd hurt him. Not to mention she had displayed a possessive and protective side that Jisoo hadn't known to expect.

It was almost as though she'd been jealous.

No, Jisoo corrected herself, she was definitely jealous.

Now, in hindsight, she wondered why she'd been so surprised. It was obvious now that Jennie would be protective and possessive, and the fact that those feelings had been directed to Jisoo made her feel overwhelmingly happy and oddly safe.

When they'd returned to the car, Jisoo had immediately gotten into the seat and settled into the position she'd spent most of the ride in. She hadn't spoken to Jennie, and Jennie hadn't tried to speak to her; the brunette had just sat down next to her and taken her book out, attempted to act normal even though Jisoo could feel the tension in her presence. She was worried, Jisoo had known that, but her first priority was herself. She'd fix herself first, then talk to Jennie.

She didn't trust what would come out of her mouth until she'd calmed down.

And now it was several hours later, and they were at a motel somewhere in between Ohio and West Virginia, and Jisoo knew they would talk. She was pacing back and forth in their motel room, fumbling with her hands anxiously, waiting for the door to open and for Jennie to enter.

Jennie knew Jisoo was waiting till they were alone, and was glad that she was. She needed the time to think, because right now, she was freaking out.

She had gone and kissed Jisoo, and held her, and protected her even when there perhaps hadn't been any need for her to do so. Even though Jisoo had mumbled a thanks on their way to the car, Jennie wasn't entirely sure she had done the right thing. She hadn't thought much of the kiss until it had happened, and then she had pushed it out of her mind to focus better on yelling at Jinyoung. But when they'd gone to the car, and Jisoo had climbed in without a word, Jennie had been hit with the realization of what she'd done.

She had kissed Jisoo.

And it had been amazing.

"Jennie, what the hell are you doing?"

Jennie felt Chaeyoung's hand on her shoulder, and turned her head to look at her in confusion. She was standing outside her and Jisoo's motel room, staring at the blue door with a blank expression on her face.

Jisoo was just behind that door.

God knows what else awaited her there.

"Why aren't you going in?"

"I..." Jennie shrugged and said nothing, turning her face away from Chaeyoung.

"Jennie..."

"Chaeyoung, I kissed her. I got jealous and I kissed her, and now she hasn't talked all day and I just..."