Reality

***Elik'sPOV***

I hold Deklyn's frame tightly against my side as we make our way back to the waiting room. Instantly, I am faced with six shocked friends. I have to, once again, break such earth shattering news.

"What's going on?" Chance asks. His eyes follow my path through the awaiting crowd.

"We need to get him home. Mr. & Mrs. Jackson have passed." I state with gloom.

"Oh, God." The girl, who I learned was Zaya, shrieks as she covers her swollen eyes with her cupped hands.

"I will take Dek home, you guys can follow. Are any of you able to drive?" I asks wearily.

"We took a cab here." Someone answers for the group.

"No, no, no. Please don't take a cab." Dek begs. Its difficult not to hear the fear in his voice.

"Shhhhhh, it's okay. I will send for a driver." I rub his arms soothingly.

"Okay." He nods, content with my alternate choice.

"God, this fucking sucks." Cali breathes out.

"We will get thru this." I comfort. It's all we can do.

I call my driver to bring a vehicle big enough for the six of them. Getting the address from Broady, I guide a broken Deklyn to my car. We head to his house.

Once we all arrive, I sit down beside Deklyn asking the maid, who answered the door, to bring us some water.

"I need a drink." Broady complains.

"Me too." Dek agrees. I guess we all do.

"86 the water. Where's the liquor?" I ask in acceptance.

I won't deny my new friend a single thing. Not today. Not ever.

The maid shows me to the bar, Dek is in no headspace to give me the royal tour. The house is really nice, not that I am shocked. I have a nice one of my own.

I explain tonight's events to the lovely maid. She whispers her apologies, leaving with a start.

I pour eight glasses of bourbon, we sit, drinking. I pour more and more as we drown the events with alcohol.

Silence is our comfort. That is until Deklyn jumps from my arms, pulling at his chestnut locks.

"I can't." He breathes out. Ragged breaths heave from his chest as he paces with his hands knotted in his hair.

"I'm so fucking lost. This isn't happening. This isn't real. Please tell me this isn't real." He screams out in turmoil.

I run to stand beside him. I can't keep my hands off of him. My body begs me to comfort him.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry. We will be here." I promise.

I can't give him the usual bullshit. He deserves better. No sympathies will possibly be of use in this moment.

"I'm so god damned angry. They didn't deserve this. My mom, my dad. How can I live without them? It's not fucking fair." He bellows as tears well up in his eyes.

"We love you." Cherry whispers softly, as she wraps her hands around his frame.

Dek buries his head in her shoulder as his sobbing shakes his sullen form.

"I can't do this. I don't want to do this. I want my dad." He cries even more.

My guts twist in agony as he confesses his dismay.

"You won't be alone." I swear. That's a solid promise.

"I'm sorry." He whimpers repeatedly.

"What the fuck are you sorry for?" Broady stares angrily. His eyes glint with false suspicion.