Opportunity

***Deklyn's POV***

<<<<<<<<<<<

School seems to fly by. Although I often lose my will to continue in my studies, I am working through it. I'm probably just under stimulated. Elik's company has become so large that it is taking up too much of our personal time. I know that once we graduate school he will have Zaya to relieve some of the stress.

The government contracts continue rolling in with no sign of slowing down. I miss him so much. I get spoiled by the weekends and the breaks between semesters. I guess I'm feeling extra emotional because my second year is starting. Thank God for me I have carried a heavy load each semester. I will graduate earlier than everyone else with my Bachelors, they will have Associates.

I can't wait.

Elik is still at work and it is already 7pm. I miss the days where he worked mostly at home. Maybe we can get back to that eventually. The year anniversary of my parents death is coming up this week. I don't know how I feel about that.

That also mean's Elik and my one year anniversary is in a few weeks. I know exactly how I feel about that. Excited! This has been the best year of my life. It's had difficulties. But, they have been worth it.

I wish my parents were here to share our lives together. They would love Elik. They would be so proud of my group of friends and me. We really are making progress in our lives.

Broady, Zaya and Chance are graduating at the end of this school year. They only need an Associates to start off in the business world. They have decided to join Elik's company. I like the thought of that. That means more time for Elik to spend with me.

Cali and Yani have to get their Bachelors. After this year is over they can take accelerated courses in their career specific courses. So, they will be eligible to graduate a year after all of the rest of us.

I hear the door opening and turn to see the man of my dreams walking thru. My heart fills with warmth as Elik's eyes meet mine. A smile graces his face and I feel like I can breathe easier now that he is home.

"Hey my love." Elik whispers as his arms wrap around my waist.

I lay my head against his forehead and breathe in his scent. He has a way of making my whole body relax. I love him so fucking much.

"Hey." I shiver as I let our lips connect.

"I'm sorry I am home so late." Elik tiredly confesses.

"It's okay. I understand." I smooth Elik's hair down and place another kiss to his lips.

"We needs to talk." Elik groans out.

"Yeah, I don't love that statement." I admit with a small nervous chuckle.

"Then you won't like what follows." Elik shakes his head as he locks eyes with mine. Blue and hazel.

"Should I get liquor or a bat?" I ask wearily.

"Depends." Elik shrugs. He seems exhausted or defeated. I'm not sure which.

"Just tell me." I urge. I can't handle the tense hints.

"I have been given an opportunity and I'm not sure I want to take it. But, you are my only concern. I want your opinion. Whatever you decide, I will go with it." Elik announces.

"Okay." I say with a shaken voice.

"These government contracts have become so abundant. I know we don't need the money. My company has become overwhelmed with the work load. I can either take on more employees, reject the new projects or contract the new projects to other people." Elik begins.