Pay It Foward

***Dek's POV***

Ever since I bought Elik's ring, I can't get Marcus off my mind. With his tale of tainted love prominently on my heart, I think of ways to help. It's what I do. I help.

Another issue I am seeing with a bit more clarity is Jamie. While laying in Elik's arms last night, I had an epiphany. To be honest, it did not make me smile.

What if I got Jamie's side of the equation backwards? What if he isn't the one who owe's an apology. I wonder if he is the scorned lover. Did he get cheated on? Was it his heart that was shattered? It definitely explains his jaded feelings towards love.

As I sit in class, I let those thoughts cure in my mind. Suddenly, I feel less aggravation with him and a lot more empathy. Had he walked in on his lover taking another man? Had his world been destroyed by a single act of recklessness?

I silently thank God that I don't have to face that. The very thought sends pangs of sadness through my heart. Elik has made it extremely clear that I am his one and only. I don't take that for granted. The security in our relationship is a gift in itself.

As my only sit in class concludes for the day, I make a decision.

Urging my thoughts to action, I go by Starbucks and grab Two coffees and my personal cup, Venti White Chocolate Mocha. I head to Elik's office. I want to confirm my hypothesis.

I walk to Elik's office and knock softly on the door. He answers for me to come in. The smile that brightens his features, makes my heart thump loudly against my chest.

"Hey, Baby." I speak quietly.

"Hey sexy." Elik stands and walks over. He grabs his coffee and kisses me gently on my forehead.

"Who is that one for?" Elik questions.

"I came to speak with Jamie. I thought I would bring a peace offering." I explain.

Elik lifts his eyebrow at my statement.

"I want to find out something about his past." I explain further.

"He is in his office. After we can go to lunch." Elik offers.

"Perfect." I confirm. I kiss him softly on his lips before exiting his office. I leave the door open, out of respect, as I walk towards Jamie's office.

I reach the door and knock firmly. He ushers me in with a distant greeting. I open it widely and leave it that way.

"Hi Jamie." I speak confidently.

"Here to put me in my place again?" Jamie chuckles. I'm glad he isn't pissed.

"I brought you coffee." I offer the cup in my hand.

"Thanks. I needed that." He smiles. I feel a pull from my heart telling me that maybe he is the one that got broken.

"Can I sit down?" I ask.

"Of course." He nods in agreement.

"I was thinking." I begin.

"That doesn't surprise me." He laughs.

"I might owe you an apology." I admit.

"You really don't." He shakes his head as he speaks.

"Jamie, you didn't break up your relationship did you?" I ask reluctantly. "I assumed you were at fault, but that was asinine of me."

"I didn't. But, you were upset." Jamie soothes.

"I was. But, I'm sorry. That was completely rude of me." I apologize.