Epilogue

Four years later

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Elik's POV***

"Shane. Shawn. Come on. Daddy has to get to work." I grab book bags and lunch boxes. I am in a hurry. Dek is upstairs with little Olivia. Yes. We did it again.

Three weeks ago, Cherry gave birth to our third child. Our second daughter. Cali wanted a baby but, Cherry wanted to be pregnant at the same time. After a long discussion, we decided it was time.

So, Cali and Cherry got inseminated together. Dek gave Cali her baby. Cherry gave us mine. Olivia looks just like Cherry. She has red hair and bright green eyes.

Cali is still at the hospital. She is recovering, having had a very complicated Cesarean Section just last night. Cherry is at the hospital with their daughter, Macy.

Remember the day Yani birthed our twins, Chance had wanted to ask her a question. Turns out, he proposed three days later. Now they are married. They are happily living their fairytale two blocks over. Yani gave birth to Seth two years ago.

Zaya and Broady, they are engaged. Zaya refuses to follow through with the wedding until they can go to Ireland for the honeymoon.

"Come on sweet peas." I rush the children to the Lexus and buckle them in. Once we are ready, I drive them to Pre-K. Time really flies. One minute you're snuggling two tiny humans that could fit in your arms. The next, they are off to school.

"Gammy and Grandpa Z will be picking you up today." I remind our forgetful nuggets.

"Yayyyy." squeals and joyful claps come from our babies.

"I miss G-Pa." Shawn cries.

"He will be back this weekend. We can take you over." It's no secret that Shawn and Ian are attached at the hip. Shane is more attached to my Dad.

It's awesome.

"Okay, were here. Both your daddies love you two. Have a great day." I blow kisses while the teacher's assistant guides my children up the sidewalk.

I head to my office.

We offered to pay for Zaya and Broady's honeymoon. However, they said no. We did help them with their house. So I couldn't complain too much.

Marcus and Jamie are getting married next week. We are leaving the kids with Uncle Ian and Aunt Molly. They are having a destination wedding in Fiji. I can't wait.

We don't really want to leave Livie. But, we haven't had a vacation since the kids were born, at least not alone. I can't wait to spend time with Dek.

I am surprising him this afternoon. It's our five year anniversary. I am not staying at the office long. I just have a couple reports to finish. Then, I'm going home to my husband.

After five years, we still can't get enough of each other. Not that I expected anything different. Honestly, he will always light a flame in my heart and send electricity through my body.

Meeting Dek, changed my life. I'm so many ways. I never expected to be so happy so soon. My family of five is perfection. Work has been a breeze with my permanent staff. It still consists of Broady, Jamie, Zaya and Chance. If something works, don't bother changing it.

Broady is now CFO. I'm CEO. I gave him 33% of the company. He actually earned it. That boy is far beyond an asset. He was one of my very best investments.

Dek decided to forego a formal career. After losing his parents, he wanted to share as much love and time as he could with our kids. I admire the time and energy he has blessed us with.

Ana no longer works for us. Harold passed last year. He went in a peaceful state. Ana had plenty of time to prepare and grieve. Alzheimer's came quick and aggressively.

Ana moved to Minnesota with her daughter. We still keep in touch. We miss her dearly, but understand her choices to live the rest of her days in the presence of family.

Mom and Dad have been instrumental in raising our family. They continuously encourage us. There hasn't been a day in four years that they haven't seen us or the kids.

Uncle Ian and Aunt Molly are the same. However, they adopted a three year old last year. Having never had kids of their own, they finally took the plunge.

I was informed a couple of years ago that Molly is infertile. That's awful. I'm glad that life gave them the child they always wanted. Joshua is a humble little boy who is eager to learn. He's passive and sweet. He has a heart of gold. He's going to make some guy a great husband one day.

Yeah, funny thing. Joshua informed his parents that he likes boys and girls are turds. His words, not mine. He busted out like that was the most natural thing. It is. It was perfect. He's in the perfect family to raise him into a strong male. We can shower him with love and instill in him the strength to look past watchful eyes. Judgement free zones are our thing.

Life has been a whirlwind full of high and lows. I wouldn't trade any of it. Every battle brought me and Dek closer every victory was sweeter with him by my side. I still love that man with every fiber of my being. Every day is the best day of my life, because he shares that life with me.

Twenty years from now, when we celebrate twenty five, I hope to still look at him with eyes full of adoration. I have no doubt. Every wanton glance, subtle touch and whispered I love you, still could bring me to my knees.

I couldn't imagine a day without him. I don't have to. He has promised me forever. I believe him.

Time stood still one night long ago. A broken man fell apart in my arms. I got the intense pleasure of putting him back together. The pieces are still a little distorted. He has moments of missing his parents. It's understandable. That type of loss is bone deep.

Dek never wades those waters long enough to drown.

He's the strongest man I know. In a storm so dark that it could swallow you whole, he found a way to stay afloat.

He rose from the ashes as a great man. He still does charity work. We still take time from our busy lives to give back. When you are blessed so immensely, it's only fair to sow into others.

We do.

The benefits far outweigh the sacrifice. Seeing the smiling faces of children in the cancer ward, that's restitution for the meaningless funds we pump into the research.

Some go home. Some stay. Some find a more permanent resting place. But, while they are within arms reach, we make sure they are comfortable and fulfilled.

We are teaching our kids those values. It's important. We have a duty as parents to raise our kids in a way that would illuminate a dark world. We may not be doing it all correctly, but we are not failing by any means.

I get to my office and quickly get to my tasks. My computer is closed an hour later. I stop by the flower shop on the way home. Dek loves flowers. I buy him the biggest bouquet of red roses I can lift.

My heart hammers at the thought of seeing him again. Even if it has only been a couple of hours, I miss him.

Every minute outside of his presence is a minute too long.

I carefully navigate my way home. I walk through the door, Roses in hand.

When I finally meet his smiling face, I sweep him into my arms. I kiss him hungrily and taste his divine flavor.

"I love you baby. Happy Anniversary." I hug him close and bask in the glory of being in his hands.

"I love you too. Babe, Happy Anniversary." Dek smiles his blinding grin. It, quite literally, takes my breath away.

From a broken man to my boyfriend and best friend. Now my he is my husband and my forever.

When life sent me a tormented angel, all I could think was: He's still beautiful in my eyes.

The End

Thank you to everyone who took Dek and Elik's journey with me. I'm proud of this story. I love my characters. I am so happy to share it with you. Until next time...