This Is It

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Elik's POV***

This is it!

Everything I have ever dreamed of is getting dressed in the hotel room down the hall. I'm here with my Dad, Uncle Ian, Chance and Broady. We're sipping scotch and pretending to get dressed.

"How much longer?" I yell across the room. No point in putting on finishing touches until right before we walk out.

"Ceremony in an hour, you have to be at the alter in 45 minutes." Chance chimes his morning mantra, replacing the minutes every single time I ask.

"You nervous?" Dad asks me.

"No. Not at all. That's why my shirt is still on the fucking hanger. I don't want to get married with pit stains." I roll my eyes.

Fuck yeah I'm nervous. I don't even know why. I'm sure this is normal.

"Alright smart ass." Dad comes and wraps his arm around me.

"Aren't you supposed to be giving me a huge speech about not fucking this up, finally being a man and this being the biggest day of my life?" I ask incredulously.

"Well, you just did it for me. Thanks." Dad chuckles before he sets down his tumbler that is now empty of scotch.

"Elik. You have been a man, a damn good one, for a while now. The day you met Deklyn, you became an even better man, if that was possible. This is the biggest day of your life. This is the happiest day of your life. This is the beginning of a very happy life. Don't fuck up, not that you would. I love you with every ounce of my very being. I love Deklyn with the same heart that I already shared with you. Break his heart, you break mine. I would hate to have to kill you." Dad brings me in for a hug and I'm wondering how the hell that was a fucking pep talk.

"Okay my turn." Chance moves Dad to the side and wraps his arm over my shoulder.

"So, I see it like this. You two are going to fuck, love and fight. That's a given. Fuck hard, love harder and fight only when the battle is worth the loss." Chance belches and I realize that we may have a drunk wedding party.

"That's good shit. Gold actually." Dad high fives Chance.

"I'm the best man. I'm required to give a speech later. Don't trip, don't pass gas and don't say the wrong name." Broady busts into a fit of laughter and I'm reeling that I chose this bastard as my best man.

"Elik, come here." Uncle Ian grabs my hand and holds it firmly.

"You are truly amazing. You came to Dek at his lowest. Not only did you bring him back from an abyss that could have swallowed him whole, but you brought him higher. Dek deserves the world. As do you. Just let your heart guide you in everything. Every decision, every word and every action should be regarded in love. The Bible says in all things do with love. If you follow that one simple command, everything else falls into place. You and Dek are beautiful. Don't forget the small things that made you fall in love with him. In those moments where you feel like storming out and walking away, remember those tiny things. Then remember, there will always be somebody hoping for you two to fail. Make sure to disappoint them. I love you. I'm so proud to have you as my second son." Uncle Ian kisses my forehead.

That's what I was looking for.

"What he said." Dad belches and I rub my hand over my face.

This is going to be interesting.

"Enough talk. Get your clothes on, style your hair. We have places to be and tears to shed." My mom walks in and grabs my shirt off the hanger. She helps me slip it on and begins buttoning it for me.