Partners

***Elik's POV***

With contracts, comes responsibility. Fortunately, I have a great team behind me to help me navigate the woes of extra work. Unfortunately, the government has asked us to include one of their own staff on a particular project.

Today, Jamison Richt, is being introduced as our newest team member. Temporarily.

The door to our conference room opens. In walks a massive statue of a man.

"Jamison Richt. You can call me Jamie." The buff worker introduces himself.

"Elik Exavier." I shake the man's hand firmly.

"This is my team." I begin, introducing Broady, Chance and Zaya.

We go over the current project. We discuss budgets, potential profits and potential expenses. The morning goes by quickly. Every detail of the project is raked thru. We dismiss for lunch.

"Elik, would you like to join me for lunch?" Jamison requests.

"I'm meeting my boyfriend. You are welcomed to join us." I politely invite him.

Jamison rides with me and we head to The Palm. As we pull in the parking lot, I spot Dek's black 370z. Dek steps out looking completely fuckable. His hair is wind blown and tossled. His lips look kissably pink. His smile is downright blinding. My face breaks into a huge cocky grin.

That man is mine!

I hear a whistle beside me and my head snaps to the right. Jamie is absolutely eye fucking my man. I growl lowly.

Dek struts up to me and latches onto my lips aggressively. He moans as his tongue swipes into and around the inside of my mouth. I hesitantly close off our exchange and pull Dek into my side.

"Dek, this our new coworker, Jamie." I reluctantly introduce the two.

Dek smiles kindly and shakes Jamie's hand. I feel like Jamie holds on a few seconds longer than necessary. My eyes don't miss the way his thumb caresses Dek's.

I abruptly pull Dek towards the entry to the restaurant. We get seated and I order a bottle of wine. We spend the next two hours eating, getting to know one another and going over future business endeavors.

This Jamie cat spends most of lunch capitalizing on Dek's attention. My naive boyfriend converses freely. Details of our life together spill from his mouth and I rethink my naive mental comment.

Dek holds my hand and leans into my shoulder. PDA is a huge turn on for me. Dek has no qualm with showing affection in private or in public. I kiss his temple and pick up my wine glass. I slowly sip from my glass while watching Jamie carefully .

I don't like him.

As we leave The Palm, Jamie matches us stride for stride. He walks to Dek's right while I hold Dek on his left. When we reach my Porsche I unlock the vehicle and leave Jamie to get in.

I walk Dek to his car and kiss him goodbye.

"Elik, babe? Are you okay?" Dek asks.

"Yeah. I just don't love that guy." I shift my eyes to the side.

"He seems nice." Dek laughs.

"Mmhmmm." I groan.

"Baby. I belong to you. That isn't changing. Ever!" Dek promises.

"Okay." I whine. I drop my head on to his shoulder and he runs his hands thru my hair.

"Come home to me. I will make you feel better." Dek whispers. I can hear his smile.