Leave it to Broady

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Elik's POV***

Breathtaking.

There are no words that carry the depth of Dek's beauty. He is just stunning.

My hands wring themselves in front of me as I hear the music start.

Leave it to Broady. He picked the perfect song.

Dek takes slow steps flanked on either side by my Dad and Uncle Ian.

God, hands please calm down.

I count every second that it takes Dek to get to me.

We should have chosen a shorter aisle.

126 seconds

His face comes into full view. I have to blink back the tears. I have no idea why I got so lucky. This fucking perfect man. Wow!

I'm getting impatient. He's still too damn far away.

Run! Please hurry to me.

Broady pats my shoulder. His hand clamps down on top of it. I think he is trying to holding me in place.

"Stay still." Broady whispers in my ear.

"I'm trying." I grit out.

I hear the Justice of the Peace snicker.

Asshole.

God this aisle is a fucking mile long.

I can't take it. I want him. Now.

My heart accelerates. He is so close. A few more steps. My hands fidget. My fingers clasping and unclasping air.

I can smell him.

So close.

"This is it. Don't fuck it up." My Dad hands me Dek's hand.

"In all things, love." Uncle Ian passes his other hand to me with the gentle reminder. Relief floods my system.

"You look incredible. I love you." I whisper. His hands are shaking inside of my own.

We turn and face each other. The Justice of the Peace steps closer.

"We are gathered here on this amazing evening to witness one of God's greatest blessings. The joining of two lives is not something to be taken lightly. There will be mountains you will face, highs and lows. But, in every step you will lean on one another. Draw strength from each other. In all things remember that love is stronger then your greatest fear and your biggest weakness. Elik has vows he would like to say to Deklyn. You may proceed." The Justice of the Peace steps back and I swallow the lump that has already formed in my throat.

"Deklyn Reese Jackson, I love you. You were made for me. In all of my existence I have never imagined a world where I would end up with someone who completes me the way you do. You have been my singular focus since the day our eyes first met. I will never lose sight of who you are and of your value. I vow today to stand beside you through every step of our journey. I promise to never take you for granted. I give you my word that in all things I will do it with love. You are a masterpiece and I am the lucky one who gets to call you mine. You are my best friend. I love you, baby." I stare into the watering eyes of my love and I can not wait to kiss his trembling lips.

"Deklyn, you may now say your vows." The Justice of the Peace hands the reigns over to my everything.

"Elik Samuel Exavier, Thank you. Thank you for being my everything when I had lost it all. You have been my strength for so long. I would never have made it through the last two years without you. You, too, are my best friend, my soulmate. I vow today to be everything to you, for you. I will be your love, your shelter and your security. Your heart is my home. I vow to stay rooted and grounded. I promise to never lose focus on the reason I chose to stand before our family and friends, promising each other forever. I will walk through this life, beside you, proud of the man that I am and the man that has given me this beautiful existence. I cherish you. You are precious and rare. You are everything that makes my world complete and stunning. I love you Elik. I promise you forever and after that I give you eternity." I lift my hand to wipe the tear that has walked down his beautiful face.