Distractions

***Elik's POV***

Sometimes I wonder why I still put up with this shit. This meeting is a complete waste of actual life. Three meetings in three days, and not one single thing has been accomplished. Fucking children is what I employ.

The arguing started yesterday and you guessed it, it's still going on.

"It's not supposed to be this fucking hard." I scream at my team.

"Sorry Mr. Exavier." Rosy, my assistant, bashfully apologizeds.

"You're not the one acting like a child who wants his favorite toy back." I grind out.

"The Richard's portfolio is a huge client and we just want to make sure we don't lose it." James, an idiot, explains.

"Speaking of losing it, my sanity is about to catch a train to the Netherlands. Get your shit together and meet back after lunch. Two hours! If anyone so much as sneezes in the wrong direction, I'm gonna start relocating your bodies out of the window. Capeesh?" I bark.

For fuck sake. Literally imbeciles.

I'm on edge. I can admit it. I miss Dek and I don't even want to help it. The sooner we get this fuckery over with, the sooner I go home.

I pull my phone out to initiate a video call, no doubt that will temper my mood.

"Good afternoon my love." Dek smiles widely.

Jesus Christ take me now. This boy is sinfully beautiful. I can just imagine how good he would feel writhing beneath me.

"Good morning Baby." I coo. I'm so blessed.

"I miss you." Dek smiles. He flutters his lashes. It is definitely a sin to be so damn sexy this early in the day..

I think I just heard the sun relinquishing it's title of the brightest star.

"I miss you, what have you been up to?" I ask. I want him to talk, to fill my soul with his every word. I want him with me.

"Waiting." Dek laughs.

Do I hear angels singing?

"I have been in meetings every day and nothing is working out. I'm just ready to get back to you." I explain pitifully. I wonder if he can hear the desperation. I can.

"I have been packing. I looked over some colleges." Dek admits. His words are far away. Apparently, I'm not the only affected by our separation.

"Have you found any you like?" I ask.

"I'm going with UCLA, it's not far and has an excellent curriculum." Dek announces.

"Good choice, that's where I studied." I beam.

"I didn't know." Dek amuses. He looks closely at me, squinting his eyes as if I may be lying. I'm not. I graduated there.

"Well we will talk later tonight baby. I love you." I blow Dek a kiss and wave by as I remember I need to get back to the zoo I call an office.

"I love you!" He winks.

So god damned sexy.

I pull my big boy pants on and decide to get something accomplished during this meeting.

After a very long night, things are looking up. The next few days will be more meetings, more portfolios. Not all of them are as large as the Richard's, but every client is equally as important.

I make up my mind that from now on, these meetings will occur from home, over Skype.

Nothing that had to be said couldn't have been said over the internet. There was no need to leave my love.