Chances

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Elik's POV***

"Elik. Wake up. Please." Her soft pleas pull me from dreamland. I sit up and stare at a very panicked Yani.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" I get out of bed, switching the light on as I stand.

Dek stirs. "Babe." He groans as his hands find his eyes. He rubs tiredly.

"My water might have broke. My back is really hurting." Yani has soft tears filling her brown eyes.

"It's okay. Where's Chance?" I ask. Dek comes to stand beside me, no longer in his sleepy trance.

"He is sleeping. I didn't wake him."

"Why not?" I grab her hand and pull her with me as I slip on some clothes. Dek follows behind grabbing our stuff.

"Well, I thought I peed the bed. Then I went to the bathroom and my back started hurting. My stomach aches." Yani sways on her feet. Dek immediately pushes me to the side and swoops her into his arms.

"Everything is good sweetie. We got this." Dek walks carefully down stairs.

"Everyone get up!" His voice is booming. I shutter a little.

"What the fuck?" Chance comes out looking like a startled dog.

"We're having babies. My husband panicked." I wave Chance over. Dek is already headed out the front door.

"Get everyone come one. Hurry before he leaves us." He chuckle.

"We're up. Jesus. Satan is awake from that shit." Cali groans tiredly.

"It's 3 am. Couldn't she have waited til morning?" Zaya grumbles while pulling her hair back into a ponytail.

"I'm sure she thought now was the best time." Broady rolls his eyes.

We get to the car with Yani up front. Dek is in the drivers seat and tapping his hand on the steering wheel.

"You should be driving?" Cherry questions incredulously.

"Probably not. I am. Now get in and hold on. Their waiting on us." Without another word we fill the vehicle.

"Some one text everyone else. Hell never mind.
Everyone call someone." Dek starts driving, oddly calm for what is about to happen.

"Dad. Yeah. Meet us at the hospital. The babies are ready. I love you too." I listen as he informs mom. I don't miss the screech of excitement in the background.

"I called Jamie." Broady informs us.

"Uncle Ian is on the way." Chance covers his base.

"Cherry and I got the grandparents. Their booking flights." Cali confirms her job is done.

We pull up to the hospital with a squirming Yani. The nurse gets her in a wheelchair and takes her straight back. Dek, Chance and I deal with the paperwork.

In no time the four of us are in a room. Yani is definitely in labor. Her water had broke.

"So here's the plan." The doctor turns to us with a smile of anticipation. "We're going to have some babies."

Am I the only one who thinks that's fairly obvious?

"Okay. Seriously. This should be easy. We're going to check you for dilation. Then, I can get a rough estimate." Now we're talking.

We turn so the doctor can do whatever the fuck checking dilation is. I wrap my arms around Dek.

"You good, baby?" I kiss his cheek while leaning on his shoulder.