A Pair of Hearts

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Dek's POV***

Today is the day. We are finding out what we are having. I'm so stoked.

"Baby, lets go." I grab my phone and Elik's hand.

The party is here. We just have to physically get down to the beach for the occasion.

"Babe. Did you make sure to call the catering company? Is the cake being delivered on time? Where are my parents?" Elik starts worrying.

He's been doing this a lot. I just shake the laugh off of my lips.

"Baby. It's good. Everything is great. Come on." I pull him outside. Everyone is standing around. Everyone. No one is missing. The food is already here. The cake is waiting on it's allotted table. It's absolutely perfect.

"Thank you everyone for joining us today. We are so excited. I see that everyone has on either pink or blue. In just a bit we will find out who is right and who will need to change." I laugh as Elik glares at me. We are both wearing pink. We want girls. But they don't even know it's twins.

"Enjoy lunch and the reveal will come soon enough. Mingle, take time to shower Yani with attention. She's the most beautiful mother in existence. Without her, this wouldn't be as special. Thank you Yani for giving us this opportunity. Thank you Chance for helping her through it all." Elik takes the reins of the speech and I allow him to.

"So you're hoping for a girl." Marcus smiles. His shirt is pink. Jamie's is blue. I really wanted to see Jamie in pink.

"It's a boy. You suckers are eating crow." Jamie laughs while holding his beer bottle to clink against ours.

The caterers walk around, refilling glasses and cleaning. We wanted to focus on us today, no cleaning up.

"Grandson or Granddaughter, it doesn't matter. I'm so happy that we are getting one. This is another greatest day of my life." Uncle Ian kisses my forehead with a pat to Elik's back.

People mingle and some brought gifts. We urged everyone to wait until the baby shower. There are always a few who just want a reason to shop.

"How are you feeling sweet girl?" I bend down next to Yani who is sitting in the sand, her ankles crossed and her baby belly protruding.

"Abused. It's a lot of acrobats in there. Feel." Elik and I place our hands on her tummy. We do it a lot. You can feel the little ninjas going to town.

"I love feeling that. It's my favorite part of all this." Chance caresses Yani's abdomen and kisses her sweetly.

"I can't believe we have so little time left. We're over half way." Cali takes a seat beside Yani and puts her ear to the baby belly.

"You can't the heartbeat that way." Yani giggles and starts running her hands through Cali's honey blonde locks.

"So how are we revealing the gender?" I ask. Yani hadn't told us. I gave her a link with ideas but, she wanted to pick it out.

"You will see." Yani smiles and winks up at me. I wave at her while walking to check on guests.

"Dek. I'm so happy for you. This is truly a joyous occasion." My Grandma kisses my hand and I pull her in for a hug.

"I love you Grams." I hug her again for good measure. I'm glad she is still here to witness it. She's not super old. My luck just wasn't always been stellar. I worried a bit.

"Have you guys thought of names?" Grandpa asks.

"We haven't. We decided to wait. Gotta see what the baby looks like first. Don't want to name a kid Allison and she completely looks like a Bethany." I laugh. Me and Elik discussed this until we were blue in the face. We both agreed to wait. But, there are some strong mental images that get pretty funny when mixed with alcohol.