Tangled

***Dek's POV***

I avoid Elik's office like the plague. Jamie has really stirred a side of Elik that I enjoy and loathe. I really enjoy his possessive side. But, the angst that plagues Elik is what upsets me. He literally has nothing to worry about. I would lay may life before the throne of Lucifer before I cheat on Elik.

I miss our office meetings. We still go to lunch but, it's not the same as getting a snack on his office couch. (Elik's cock being that snack.) I decided avoiding the problem was better than taking a chance that Jamie would continue to push Elik's buttons. It's not an if. It's a when.

Honestly, I'm not sure that Jamie actually has any real interest in me. He seems like the type of douche to want what he can't have. Me! I'm 💯 off limits. Jamison seems the type to be intrigued by things that are unreachable. While that is a wonderful quality in business, personally it could not suck more.

Unfortunately, we still have months of this government contract to fulfill. Elik attempted to transfer Jamie to the New York office. That didn't go as planned. I'm not sure what leverage dear sweet Jamie has over his boss (note the sarcasm) but, he is still our problem.

Honestly, if Jamie could behave, I would not have minded him coming over to hang out. It would have been nice. Judging by his behavior, mood swings and apparent competition with Elik, that can't be put on the table. There is no competition. Seriously, like none.

Elik is comparable to a Greek God. He lights all my fuses on fire. Every smile he blesses me with, makes me know I am one lucky Son of a Bitch. I don't know how I got so lucky. I don't care. I know how to treasure someone. Elik is my blessing.

Future Husband: Sweetheart, I apologize. I can't make it to lunch today.

I read the text from Elik. Disappointed, I respond.

Me: I understand babe. It's okay. I will see you after work.

Future Husband: I love you so damn much.

Me: I love you 😘

I slide my phone in my book bag as I exit my car in the University parking lot. I sigh. It's gonna be a long day today.

I listen as my professor drones on about the concepts of market equilibrium. A yawn rudely escapes my lips. This is my fourth course in this field. It all began to sound like noise after the second semester.

Once the class is finally dismissed, I boot. As if lightning was striking my feet, I blitz toward my car. Instead of going straight home, I drive to the shopping mall. I still have hours before my love is off work.

I stroll in and out of the stores. I have no real purpose. I'm just wasting time.

As I pass the jewelry store, I stop. A beautiful ring catches my eye. I stare adoringly at the piece of jewelry before a sales associate exits the opening to the store. He walks beside me and smiles widely.

"It's a beautiful piece. One of a kind. The crafter makes all his jewelry individually. No two are exactly the same." The salesman explains.

"Deklyn." I state as I reach my hand towards the gentleman.

"Marcus." He greets me in return.

"Can you tell me more about this ring?" I ask. My eyes are glued to the innocent band. I can't seem to tear myself away from it.

"This particular band was created in 2011. It has been adored by many, purchased by none." Marcus spills into the history.

"Why not?" I ask.