Departure

***Elik's POV***

I wake to utter bliss. Nothing can compare to knowing you are holding your world between your arms.

Dek lays across my chest. His hands are wrapped around my jaw. I just know life will always be right with him by my side.

I know we jumped in head first. In anyone's eyes, we look crazy. But, we are not always granted our treasures on this earth. So, when life presents you with your blessing, I suggest you cherish it.

Dek is my blessing.

I grab my phone off the bedside table and scroll through the emails I had missed out on.

Ugh, I groan.

Apparently, I am needed in our New York office. Tomorrow. This is not what I want right now.

I remove my sleeping boyfriend from my arms, tucking him in. I jump up and make calls, trying to postpone this intrusive meeting.

To no avail!

As if things could not get less convenient, this would be a two week trip. I can't even imagine how I'm going to be away from Dek that long.

I walk down to the kitchen, greeted by the sure signs of last nights aftermath. It is a war zone. Broken glass, trash, upturned furniture, spilled drinks and drunken bodies litter the house.

The pool has anything from clothes to garbage floating in it. I take a trash bag and start the process of getting the debris out of the way. Dek doesn't need to deal with this shit.

The maid, Ana, meets me on the patio. She offers to take care of the mess. That is a huge no. I request her to make breakfast instead.

Slapping bodies and urging them to make their way home, I plow through the wreckage and clean as much as I can. I call a cleaning crew to tidy up the place.

As I walk back from the garbage receptacle I look at the sun. It is magnificent. The morning sky is painted with hues of blue and pink. I trudge to the porch, and am met with the most alluring site.

Dek!

Hair tousled, jeans low on his hips, shirtless. God a fucking site to behold.

"Good morning love." I whisper as I rush to his side.

"Mmmm, good morning baby." He coos.

"Is breakfast ready?" I ask hopefully.

"Yeah, I came out here to get you." Dek announces. His smile champions the sun.

"Let's eat." I grab Dek's hand, leading him to the breakfast bar.

We are greeted by our amazing group of friends. They offer to help clean the remaining mess. I simply state I am getting it taken care of.

I steal glances at Dek throughout breakfast, a smile graces his handsome face with each look.

Lord he is beautiful.

"Dek?" I nudge him.

"Yes, Elik?" He responds happily. I'm already sorry that I will be darkening his light spirit.

"I have to catch a flight tonight. Business meeting in New York." I tell him wearily.

"How long will you be gone?" He asks. I watch as he tries to fein his happiness.

This is the hard part. I pull my fingers through my hair and groan. Why do I have to go?

"Two weeks." I whisper. I wish I wasn't saying this at all.