Burn

***Elik's POV***

Break is almost over for our college students. Their schedules have been emailed and they are getting ready to start a new semester at school. It seems to be flying by, for me.

I'm so proud of all of them. As predicted, Dek's grades were beyond perfect. He has a weighted GPA of 4.5 due to his AP courses. My man is a fucking genius. He works so hard.

The others are carrying GPAs of between 3.7 and 3.8. It's honestly impressive. They all are taking their education very seriously.

Work is going well. I reeled in a very important government contract. I have worked with the SEC a couple times before in conjunction with my Dad's firm. We secure bonds for financing. This is a much larger scale. So far, it is going exceptionally well.

I have to spend more time at the office. I still manage to be home at a decent time. Work is not my life. I work to live. I don't live to work. At the end of the day, work pays bills. Family always comes first.

I'm currently at my office. I just left a meeting with Uncle Ian, we are close thanks to his love for the man I call mine. He was going over some of the final details of the government contract. It's a solid contract, nothing to stress over.

Ian has offered me to take over Dek's profile seeing as he is a lawyer and not an investment banker. I declined. It is more money spent, however that is an additional income for Ian. Also, he was trusted by Mr. and Mrs Jackson. He does fantastic with Dek's money. I wouldn't dare interfere.

My phone begins buzzing and I immediately pick it up.

"Good afternoon, Elik Exavier." I announce myself over the line.

"Mr. Exavier, this is ADT with your Fire Alarm Monitoring system. A signal was sent from your home at 2143 Sunset Palza Dr. the fire department is on the way." The dispatcher explains briefly.

I immediately inform my assistant that I am leaving the office. I jog to my car and make my way down the crowded streets of Los Angeles.

I call Dek on my way.

"Hey babe." Dek's sweet tone touches my ears.

"Hey beautiful. I got a call from the alert company regarding my house. Can you meet me there please?" I ask him. I'm not panicked. I just know his presence will soothe me.

"We will be there in twenty minutes. We are leaving the restaurant now. Drive safely baby, please." Dek urges me. He sounds worried.

"You too. I love you." I quickly disconnect the call after he tells me he loves me.

I continue my fifteen minute commute to my home. I haven't been back to my house for any length of time. I spend my time at Dek and my home. All my important belongings are at our home.

Whatever damage a fire may cause will not be too devastating to me personally.

Traffic is a bitch. It takes me thirty minutes to arrive at the scene. It is hectic. Fire trucks are battling a strong blaze and my heart races.

I pray no one was actually in my home. I also pray that my neighbors aren't affected by the fire. My home is surrounded by foliage. That is a strong inhibitor for fire.

I park at the end of the block. I grab my keys, phone and identification. I approach the scene slowly.

"Excuse me. I'm Elik Exavier. I own this home." I inform the detective that approaches me.

He looks at my identification and nods.

"Sir, your home is not inhabitable. Do you have any reason to believe there may be anybody inside?" The man asks.