Don't

"You're late."

Poppy stood sternly in the middle of my dressing room, different workers bustling around her but never breaching the bubble of her personal space. We had a 'team' that traveled with us that our producers described as a 'trusted' group. In actuality, they were random people who signed an NDA and needed a job. Poppy perusal barely spared a second before pouncing on me. In fairness, I had been late but it was due to the driver hitting traffic.

"There was traffic, did you want me to run?"

"No, then you would need to shower. That would waste more time."

She closed the space between us and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I took her slight tenderness as a subtle apology, taking a deep breath as she pulled away.

"Now sit. Hair and makeup will be here on the hour."

I nodded and found a chair that was facing the large mirror with round yellowish lights. The entire room had an old Hollywood feel to it, a long mirror surrounding the side wall, a refreshment table in the back corner, racks of clothes along the side wall, and a full bathroom at the back wall. Poppy sat down delicately in the chair next to typing on her 'work' iPad furiously, no doubt notifying YBE about my arrival. She didn't look up from her task when talking to me.

"Have you worked out the issue between you and Trevor?"

In the few days since I had my meeting with the management team, she had wanted me to solve the problem with Trevor, who would probably be asked similarly to solve the issue. Internally I was rolling my eyes, I can have emotions and still be professional.

Wordlessly two stylists started to work on my hair, My makeup was minimal today, and the rough drafts of my outfits all had a navy blindfold resting around my eyes. They started pulling hair back for the wig cap as I answered the question.

"There is no issue between us, we just need a bit of space. There's no better time to do it anyway, it's not like we have any group live performances coming up."

Poppy shot me a stern look.

"Yes but how will he react when he listens to your performance today?"

I pierced my lips in a sour face, as the stylists pinned a new silver wig into place. The song was undoubtedly about Trevor, having actual experiences written into the lyrics. I'd be performing a small snippet of it, with less backing and more acoustic for the show. When the band recorded the upcoming album they would flesh it out.

"Well...he isn't going to be ecstatic about it but it's a good song, and I've been very clear to the band that my lyrics are from personal experience."

"I'm warning you now, if there are any larger problems created from this it will fall back on you."

"I know."

"Go change. I'll be backstage when you're ready."

I sighed as she stood and fled the room, the stylists followed shortly. I stood and made my way to the bathroom where a short navy dress with thin straps hung. Sliding into it was easy but it was form-fitting. Looking in the mirror I did a quick once over. The outfit was plain but pretty and matched the theme of the song well, the stylist team did well as perusal. Paired with the dress they had given me elbow-length gloves and heels in the same color as the dress, the hairstyle was a simple low bun with little braids twisted into it and strands pulled at the front.

Just as I was about to walk out the door one of the stylists re-entered. Her name was Jenny she was always super nice on tour. But Poppy demands efficiency so casual chatting wasn't a common occurrence with her on set.