Frosting

In hindsight wearing a tight short dress on a motorcycle was not the smartest move. Onlookers must have thought we were lunatics, that or a couple. My face was cherry red, I know because I can feel the familiar burn. My dress prevented me from straddling the bike like normal, so Luka's smug solution was for me to ride sideways. Half-haphazardly sitting on his lap, thankfully he was driving slower than usual.

At one point on the way he leaned forward to whisper in my ear. I tucked further into him to listen to what he was saying, far past the point of being embarrassed.

"You're all wound up about this party, you're tense."

We rolled to a stop at a stop light, I hummed 'yes' in response.

"If things get too overwhelming, find me. I'll get us out."

I caught onto the fact that he said 'us' rather than 'you' just as we were pulling up to the boat.

I have to give it to them, the boat looks fantastic. It was nearing the end of fall and the weather was only getting colder, there were space heaters posted in every corner of the deck. Fairy lights were strung everywhere and in the center of the boat near the mast Nino had set up his DJ equipment with blue and white spotlights dancing around it. The music was already blasting and the boat was full of all my classmates.

I smiled and took the helmet off as Luka locked up his bike. I shook my hair slightly trying to fix it and adjusted my large coat over my dress. Luka leaned over to me, plucking the helmet from my hands.

"Hey, I'm gonna go change quick I'll be right back."

I nodded as he ran ahead onto the docked boat. I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of the scene before me. I took a deep breath and started to walk over to the entrance. As I made my way over I could feel eyes on me, which made my stomach churn.

'This is already starting poorly.'

I walked down the stairs onto the boat cautiously, all I could think about was not slipping when everyone was watching me. I felt a hand grab mine. I looked up from where my eyes were glued to the steps to meet bright green eyes, I smiled.

"Thanks, Adrien."

He nodded, opening his mouth to say something when I made it to the ground before he was interrupted. I was swiftly pulled from his grasp.

"Girl you made it!"

Alya grabbed my arm slightly, Marinette coming up on my other side.

"You both look gorgeous."

Alya was wearing a fitted maroon dress with small cut-outs on the side, and Marinette rocked a pale pink flowy dress with a sweetheart neckline.

"Thanks now get that coat off so you can show off yours!"

I nodded and started to take it off, revealing my dress. Kim did a chorus of whistles but was cut off by Alix punching him. I forced an awkward smile, stuffing my coat under my arm. Alya and Marinette all but dragged me across the dance floor, my classmates parting like the red sea, to Nino's turntable. Alya tapped him on the shoulder, he nodded and turned the music down. She took a microphone out from under the table and hit the top a few times.

"Testing... ok. Hey everyone, the birthday girl is here!"

My classmates cheered while I stood awkwardly blushing next to her. She handed the microphone over to me and much to my dread I took it hesitantly.

"Umm thank you, guys, all for coming, it means so much to me. I guess let's get this party started!"

My awkward announcement was followed by a chorus of cheers and I shoved the mic back into Alya's hands awkwardly. Nino started to blast music through the speakers once again and everyone started to dance. I turned to Marinette.