Ramen

After the small bump in the road, the ride there was quiet which I had expected. Neither of Adrien's caretakers were very talkative, both were serious to a fault. I could count on one hand how many times I had seen either smile.

I filled the time by snapping a few of my friends back silently, taking pictures of my forehead rather than a selfie. Something that Caleb had cussed me out for countless times. I shot Adrien a 'thank you' text as well, telling him to feel better soon. We were almost to the theater when Miss. Sancoeur turned back to face me.

"Mr. Agreste would like to know what your parents do, on the account that you live mainly alone."

She tapped the iPad in her hand and then held it up to me.

"Please speak into this."

I looked at her, taken aback slightly but I scooted forward to do as told.

"My foster mom is a talent agent for Young Blood Entertainment. They produce musicians and bands popular all over the world. That's also why she isn't home all the time because she has to travel for her line of work."

She tapped the iPad and ended the voice recording just as we arrived.

"Can I ask why Mr. Agreste wants to know about my home life?"

"I can't share but I will say that he does extensive background checks on Adrien's friends. You must know how it is. Your foster mother works with Blue Moon, right?"

Fear gripped my heart for a split second.

'Do they know?'

"To be honest with you I don't know a lot about what Poppy does. Anything involving Blue Moon is kept under wraps so she isn't allowed to talk about it."

This seemed to satisfy the calculating woman because she nodded. The limo finally pulled up onto the curb and parked. I all but flew out of the car to escape the onslaught of questions. Not before turning back to the open car door.

"Thank you guys for the ride, I appreciate it!"

I shut the door, not bothering to hear a response. Making my way through the cold into the grand theater.

By the end of practice, I was drained. My arms and legs were littered with shades of blue and purple from being lifted off the ground with the harnesses.

'Adrien will not be looking forward to learning to use these.'

I set my bag down on a bench in the grand foyer, my castmates were thinning out only three or four of them waiting for their rides to arrive.

I on the other hand was rifling through my things to find the snack I had packed for after practice. I always put it in the side pocket of my bag, but today it vanished. Which had been happening a lot recently whether it be my script when we used them or my homework. My friends were always there to spot me but it was getting ridiculous at this point.

"Whatcha looking for kid?"

Mr. Laurent passed by nonchalantly, stuffing his clipboard into his brown leather tote bag. I sighed, zipping up my backpack and rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"I can't find the protein bar I packed. I don't know why everything I put in my bag seems to disappear."

"I'll make an announcement that stealing is an automatic suspension from the production."

"Thanks, Mr. Laurent, I should get going. It's supposed to snow tonight."

I smiled weakly at him, his brows knit together in unrest behind the frame of his glasses.