Quaver

I stepped out of the shower wrapping myself in a towel and wringing my hair out over the bath. Taking a deep breath I inhaled the smell of Luka's old spice body wash. One of my guiltiest pleasures is using his old spice body wash, pine to be specific. I used to do the same when I stayed over at Caleb or Trevor's house, never Jake's though. He uses Dove.

I picked my phone up off the counter, which was currently blasting music to drown out the sound of the shower. It's currently my only solution to not having a panic attack every time I try to shower or bathe.

'Shoot I don't have any clothes yet.'

As if on cue I heard a knock at the door, I adjusted my towel tighter to my body and opened the door. I had never seen Luka so flustered, it took a lot to break his calm collectedness. But he stood flustered with a deep blush, holding some folded clothes, his mouth slightly agape.

"I-Uh sorry. Here are your clothes."

He paused and inhaled slightly deeper than usual.

"Is that my soap?"

Now it was my turn to be flustered, and I could already feel my face deepen in hue. I was absentmindedly aware of the fact that water was dripping down my back from my hair.

"Uh ya I figured you wouldn't mind, I've done it before."

Luka leaned against the door frame with a smirk, peering down at me as I plucked the clothes from his hands.

"Ya of course I don't mind, I like it-"

"Luka stop being a perv and let her change!"

I could hear his sister berate him from down the hall. I chuckled as he went to yell at her, closing the door on his retreating form. I threw on the clothes he gave me, a cyan sweatshirt and gray sweatpants. Both were baggy and long on me but nothing that rolling up the sleeves/pant legs couldn't solve.

Eventually, I walked out of the bathroom, switched the light off, and opened Juleka's door. She was scrolling through her phone and looked up with a single raised brow.

"Borrowing clothes now are we?"

"Shut up! He was the one that offered."

She threw her phone back on the bed and slipped past me with an evil little grin plastered to her face.

"All I'm saying is he offered very quickly ~"

I glared at the door once it slammed shut, blushing deepening across my cheeks. I could hear the shower start just as I began to fix my hair in the mirror.
'Honestly, I would have to be an idiot to not recognize Luka's feelings. But a relationship right now?'

I frowned and gripped the side of the vanity table.

'I can't handle that right now-'

A knock at the door startled me out of my thoughts. My attention was once again brought over to the door where Luka was standing with his forearm covering his eyes. A soft smile pulled at the corners of my lips.

"You can uncover your eyes. I'm decent."

He moved his arm to reveal eyes with a bit of mirth in them. His hair was wet from the shower.

'He must have slipped in before Juleka.'

I leaned back against the vanity, playing with the strings of his sweatpants I was temporarily borrowing. He opted to lean against the doorframe casually.

"I just wanted to give you your present before we leave."

My eyes shot up to meet his.

"You didn't have to get me a present!"