Get In

"Well, it's not like you can take it back now ya'know?"

"And I wouldn't I don't regret writing or performing the song."

Class had just finished, and free time had brought out the entirety of the student body. All either walk to another room to eat lunch and do their work or go off campus to buy food. I usually call Caleb at the beginning of my free time before I go to play practice.

"I know that, but Trev is hurting. You guys should talk."

"And his actions hurting me didn't matter? He feels guilty and he should. I'll reach out when I'm ready."

The blonde sighed through the receiver, and I tucked up my coat to my chin as a breeze of cold air lifted my hair across my face. There was still a light dusting of snow on the ground, winter had completely taken Paris.

"How is he doing?"

"Well, I definitely didn't make him feel any better the first time I talked to him. Jake wouldn't talk to him for two weeks after. He's just sad, like the saddest I've seen him."

"Do you think I should reach out to him?"

"As a band member, I think you should reach out to him when you're ready. As your best friend, if he was some random guy I would be telling you to block him."

This drew a laugh from my lips.

"I'm going to talk to him eventually. Right now is not the time to dredge up all my feelings, I just have too many commitments right now."

"Do you think you could still date after everything?"

I paused at the question as my brain sputtered to produce a response.

"No... at least not right away. He and that girl-it was more than just meaningless fun. That's a break of trust."

"Real. Just try to talk to him soon, okay? I don't know how much longer Jake and I can hold down the fort."

"I'll try to do it soon. I should go, I have practice."

"Oh, ya forgot you're a theater nerd. I'll talk to you later, love you, idiot."

"Love you too."

Once I hung up the phone I quickly tucked my hand back into my pockets to savor the warmth. By the time I reached the music room, a chill had settled into my bones. The heat emanating from the room when I entered hit me like a wall, and I subconsciously sighed from the comfort it brought.

The room smelled of espresso, no doubt from Louis's addiction. After a few practices he had let slip that he works an online job as his main income, but he liked to work outside of the house. Which was why he was helping out with production even though he wasn't exactly needed till later in the month.