Birthday

A loud vibrating sound near my ear was the first thing I heard, grumbling I turned over in bed. The annoyance continued. I sighed before peeling the covers off of me and sitting up to pick up my phone. I pressed the answer button without checking who it was.

"What's up?"

I mumbled tiredly, flopping back on my back to stare at the white ceiling. Adrien's voice crackled through the speaker.

"Hey y/n, umm I kind of want to get out of the house today. Do you mind if I crash at your place?"

I glanced out the window to see large raindrops hitting the window.

"Ya sure, but I don't plan on leaving my apartment. You want to just watch movies and eat food?"

A low chuckle floated through the receiver.

"That sounds perfect, I'll be over in a bit."

I hummed 'okay' before hanging up. Checking the time on my phone, I thought about what I needed to get done before Adrien arrived. I didn't have any time to prepare myself when my door flew open. Snickers was on top of me licking my face excitedly before I could blink. I scratched his head before pushing him lightly to the side, then standing and stretching.

I decided to leave my PJs on since we were just hanging out and watching movies. I sat on the kitchen counter after feeding Snickers a late breakfast. I couldn't decide what to buy on DoorDash so I ordered a pizza and a container of ice cream.

When a knock rippled through the house I half expected it to be the delivery guy. I jumped down from the counter, crossing the room to the door. The hardwood was cold on my feet and made a chill run down my back. I pulled the door open to be met with a familiar blonde. He was wearing a simple pine green sweatshirt with black sweatpants and black slides.

"Hey."

"You sneak out?"

He nodded, walking through the doorway to greet Snickers, leaning down to pet him. I closed the door behind us.

It had become a routine for him to sneak out to visit or he hung out with Kitty Section. It made me nervous at first but I've become numb to the fact that it occurs at this point, plus I'd rather spend time with him rather than have him be locked in his room at home.

"He seems very happy to see you,"

I commented while moving past the two of them, he chuckled from his place on the floor. I flopped on the couch dramatically, Adrien followed, pulling a blanket from the wicker basket that rested next to the couch with him.

"So what are we watching?"

He asked innocently, leaning into the back of the couch. I flipped through Disney+, trying to find an adequate movie to watch. When a familiar blue cartoon popped up on the screen the decision was all but made.

"Let's watch Lilo and Stitch."

"What's that?"

I gasped dramatically, falling back against the couch with a hand over my forehead.

"How have you never seen Lilo and Stitch, it's one of the best movies of all time!"

He shook his head, strands of blond hair swaying into place.

"I didn't watch a lot of movies or shows growing up, father valued books and piano practice more."

I frowned, this conversation was common between us. Our childhoods differed in many ways but we both could wordlessly acknowledge we both were dealt a terrible set of cards. We don't have to talk about it. It's almost better that way.