Final Bow

When Mr. Laurent finally did dawn the stage, the response was an immediate silence that swept across the theater. It probably did nothing for the teachers' nerves but everyone was desperate for information. Myself included. Louis stood close to his side fiddling with a microphone, turning it on then handing it to the blonde.

"Okay, hi everyone. I'd like to apologize for letting my emotions get the best of me. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we put a significant amount of time and effort into this production, and hearing the news about the future of it put all of us in a bad mindset."

A few students nodded their heads along.

"That being said, if we only have tonight's show, then we're going to make it the best one!"

The crowd erupted into cheers, much to Mr. Laurent's surprise. I could physically see the tension loosen from his tall frame, and a small grin worked its way across his face. The cast and crew were ready to give their all for our only show.

'We are going to be okay.'

"That's why only Nino is allowed to have aux in this friend group."

"Put some respect on my name, I have great music taste you just haven't heard it yet."

I yelled over my shoulder at Alix from where I stood putting the finishing touches on my makeup. It consisted of mascara and a lot of stage blush.

"Can confirm her playlists hit, she's coming for your title Nino."

Alya was scrolling through her phone with a mirth smirk on her face, Nino looked at her betrayed.

"Dude you'd have to be a member of Blue Moon to make me pass that title, not a chance."

The will to laugh was so strong I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through it to distract myself. Nino shoved my shoulder teasingly, which I politely responded to by flipping him off. The others giggled while he faked silent offense.

After dress rehearsal, the guys had come to our dressing room to hang out before the show, while we touched up makeup and adjusted our costumes the stage crew free-loaded because our cast chairs were comfier than the backstage ones. Marinette stood next to me, fixing a bobby pin into her pink mermaid wig.

I flipped to iMessage and responded to a text from Trevor, some inside joke from when we were on tour. Now that we talked things out it was like the floodgates opened, we've been texting back and forth for the last few hours. My face must have given away my amusement because Marinette nudged my shoulder.

"Who's got you smiling like that?"

"Nosy today, are we?"

"In the best way possible."

I rolled my eyes and put my phone down so I could fix my hair a bit.

"It's Trevor."

This caught the attention of the rest of the group, all turning to look at me except for the cast that I didn't know well and Lila who sulked in the corner. Sit licking the wounds from our hashing out in the theater. Rose squealed a bit, unsurprisingly.

"So you guys are talking again?"

"Ya, he actually called me first. He apologized for everything, which is pretty unlike him so I think the distance really got to him."

"You guys are back to normal now?"

Adrien was terrible at being subtle with his intentions. But I took the bait to reassure him.

"Ya, we're back to being best friends. I missed talking to him every day."

Marinette gave me a side hug just as I lowered my hands from doing my hair.