Skeletons

"Now I just need Y/n and Alya. We need a Ladybug and Chat Noir picture!"
Marinette's mother fluttered about in the foyer of the now-closed bakery. She motioned for us to move together so she could take a photo with her dusty yellow camera. Pictures began upon arrival at Dupain-Cheng's house, everyone showed up at varying times. Luka, Rose, and Juleka are the final stragglers. Alya and I put an arm on our hip and the other around each other, before smiling, she dressed as Ladybug for the occasion.

"Okay, I think we're done, mom."

Marinette pleaded with her mom, getting a flustering little giggle in return.

"Someday you'll look back and appreciate all the pictures I took for you and your friends."

Nevertheless, she conceded and started to tuck her camera away into its carrier, then turned to Marinette and hugged her.

"Stay safe tonight, all of you. Call us if you need anything!"

"We should probably start walking if we want to get there on time."

Juleka commented while she helped reposition Rose's yellow and black Queen Bee mask. I nodded in agreement. We all thanked Marinette's parents and we were off. The walk was decently far, but it was better than getting stuck in traffic generated by the concert. Everyone chatted excitedly as we made our way down the street. We were a large group, and our costumes were all on point.

I checked the time on my phone for the hundredth time in the last hour. Time was of the essence, the earlier we got there the more time for the hair and makeup team. Poppy was not helping my nerves, texting me every few minutes asking where I was.

I rubbed my temples in an attempt to ease my mind which was moving at a million miles an hour. I felt someone bump my shoulder, I cast a glance to my right and was met with Luka. He had a green sweatshirt on and goggles and was holding a trash can lid that was comically painted to look like Carapace's shield.

"You ok?"

"Ya, I'm all good."

He gave me an untrusting look.

"I'm here if you need to talk, you know."

I nodded, letting a slightly forced smile across my face. It was all I could do but get the stress out of my body. Luka sighed and stayed in step with me while we continued to walk down the street.

An arm slung over my shoulder on my left, Adrien gave me a cheesy grin.

"Our costumes came out amazing! The sneakers bring it all together."

The night we made our costumes, we debated just wearing Converse or going all out. We ended up painting our sneakers to match the costumes. I giggled and nodded in agreement.

"Ya, they're wicked."

"Wicked?"

I gave him a weird look at his confused expression.

"You've never heard of the word 'wicked'?"

"No? Not in that context."

He laughed, and I looked over to Luka with pleading eyes.

"Come on, tell me you've used it before?!"

Luka was giving Adrien a sharp look before he brushed it off and laughed at my confusion.

"Maybe it's an American thin-"

"So why did you choose Chat?"

Alya butted into our conversation, thrusting her phone into my face. I gave her a questioning smile.