Italian

Ramen nights became more frequent after that night, which made the deepening feeling of longing worsen. I cherished the time that I had with the two men and the dread of not having the play as an excuse to be around them, not to mention Louis returning to his other job was palpable. However, the food was as much of an excuse to spend time together as it was to gossip about the play.

Embarrassingly, the two were now up to date on all of the drama in my life. From Lila to Trevor. The latter situation hadn't changed. I still hadn't reached out, but he hadn't either. I promise Louis if it extended to Christmas I would be a bigger person and settle it.

Other than the occasional bumps in the road it's been smooth sailing. Adrien's sickness wasn't anything too serious, he returned to school within the week. The final dress rehearsal is tomorrow, the morning of opening night. The school days have continued to be a drag, only tolerable because of my friends. It might be in part due to the late practices. Today was no different, but luckily practice was dismissed on the account that we all need to rest.

Mrs. Bustier is droning on about the history of the Louvre, I can't help but space out. Luckily I wasn't the only one, Nino's forehead almost hit his desk a few minutes ago when we drifted too far into a dream. My eye-line glided to the windows with a longing, the snow fell hard down onto the street below. The winter was only becoming harsher and Christmas break was steadfastly approaching.

A piece of paper nudged my hand. It was Luka, unsurprisingly. Passing notes had become commonplace between the two of us.

𝘍𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵?

I racked my brain for a prior commitment and came up empty. I pre-gamed the opening night of the play by finishing my homework ahead of time. I grab a pen and scribble a response.

𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦?

He writes again.

𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦?

I debate for a second, the more people the less likely I get any form of sleep.

𝘕𝘢𝘩 𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵:/

He reads it and smiles despite himself. Then crumples up the paper to throw away later.

Once class finally wrapped up Ms. Bustier reminded everyone that we had a three-day weekend. Monday was off for faculty meetings. After that, the class burst into motion with people zipping up coats and putting away their things so they could leave.

"You gonna come to the play this weekend?"

I nudged Nate on the shoulder while he packed his drawing tablet away. He looked over at me with a playful smirk and returned it with a light shove.

"Yep, opening night. Maybe I'll even bring you flowers."

I fake hurl while packing my textbook into my bag, which earns a weird look from some of my friends. I lean in to teasingly whisper to him.

"Remember to bring your boyfriend~"

"Shut up."

Nate laughs despite himself before taking off down the stairs. I put my arm through my winter coat and zip it up. Luka turns to face me now that I'm not in another conversation.

"You ready?"

I nod and we start walking down to the school's entrance, saying 'goodbye' to our friends as we go. The snow was still falling once we made it outside, a small flurry making its way through Paris. Most of the students were outside waiting for a ride when we made it to the steps. I was drawn away from my intense conversation about the cuteness of raccoons and why that would be my choice for a therapy animal when I heard someone calling my name.