Check-in

After scripts were passed out and introductions were made around the room we started the actual meeting portion. Mr. Laurent did most of the talking, Louis adding points anytime he had to but for the most part he would be working with the stage crew.

"Now leads will be expected to come in during the study hall block Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This will be when you practice scenes and lines. And once we grow closer to opening day we will switch to group practices. Does that make sense?"

There was a chorus of 'yes' and nods in response. So he continued.

"Well from here we should cover-"

"Umm is this the meeting for the leads?"

The interruption came from the doorway and a sudden gust of cold wind blew a chill through the room. Standing proudly there was Lila. Wonderful.

"Yes, but we already have our leads, Ms. Rossi."

In his defense, Louis responded as politely as he could manage with the number of issues he put up within the last hour. She frowned and cast a pout to Adrien who looked like he wanted the ground beneath us to swallow him up.

"But I was cast as one? Tiger Lily is a leading lady, she's Peter Pan's love interest."

"I'm not sure what Peter Pan retelling you're referring to, but Wendy is Peter's love interest in our telling."

Mr. Laurent raised an eyebrow suspiciously at her, she opened her mouth to reply but was cut off by Louis doubling down.

"And y/n is our leading lady."

She scowled between the two men and me, and suddenly I was in the same boat as Adrien. Offering an apologetic smile and a wave.

'Marinette said not to trust this chick as far as you could throw her. She has a motive for this.'

Finally, Lila composed herself, seeming to remember her audience.

"I'm sorry, I guess I was just confused. Do you mind if I stay warm here until my ride comes?"

"Yes of course."

Mr. Laurent was never one to turn a student away, but it wasn't like he was given much of a choice. Lila grinned and took off her coat, setting it down on a nearby table and making her way over to me and Adrien. She grabbed a chair on the way and wedged it in the space between us.

'Motive found.'

Lila ended up staying for the rest of the meeting, to no one's surprise. Her ride conveniently came right as we were told to go home. Kim was the first to make a break for the door, giving everyone goodbye over his shoulder. Jean and Alix followed quickly after. I started putting my winter coat on and zipping it up to my chin for the walk home. The snow prevented me from skateboarding so the walk stretched a bit longer than it used to.

"I'll walk with you out."

Adrien smiled at me reassuringly, putting his arm through his coat and zipping it up. Lila strained to create more distance. She stood up and put her coat on so she could position herself between us for what felt like the hundredth time.

"I'll come too!"

I took a deep breath to steel myself, casting a look at the two teachers who watched on in barely hidden amusement. I forced myself to drag a smile onto my face.

"I guess I'll be seeing you guys soon. Have a good night!"

"You too Ms. l/n."

Louis's formal act was ever present, but Mr. Laurent gave me a cheery wave as I walked out the door. The wind had picked up quite a bit since before the meeting, a shiver ran down my spine from the new climate. Adrien jogged to keep up with me, bumping our shoulders together when he caught up. Before the brunette could catch up to join us Adrien leaned down to whisper in my ear.