Hello Paris

"That's all for us, will see you on our next tour!"

Trevor yelled into the microphone, his black and blue hair clung to his forehead from sweat. The crowd roared chanting a blur of different phrases, cameras flashed from all angles of the packed stadium. A summer of performance highs and record-breaking concerts came to a close in the best place possible, Paris.

I laughed and brought the microphone up to my mouth, "Thank you Paris!"

The crowd somehow managed to scream even louder, I glanced at Jake who held a sad smile under the thick face paint smudged across his face. This is our last show for the time being at least until anything that came up during school breaks. Trevor dropped out once we started growing in popularity but Jake, Caleb, and I suffer through public school every year.

I can still picture Caleb's parents barging into YB entertainment headquarters and bursting a fit because we had scheduled performances during our 5th-period math class. Needless to say, they revamped our contracts and made that we only did live performances during the summer and occasional breaks. Interviews and other appearances were a whole other story though. If we could make it back from an interview an hour before school, we would do it. This led to a large dependence on coffee in our friend group.

I was drawn out of my thoughts as the lights began to dim, queuing us to exit stage left. I gave a cheery wave while Trevor gave a two-fingered salute before slinging his arm around my shoulder and leading me off stage with the others. My grin fell once we passed the curtains and the stage crew began swarming us. A heavy silence fell between the four of us as we were whisked away from the buzz of the crowd to our dressing rooms. Jake, surprisingly, spoke first.

"I can't believe it's all over."

"You act like that was our last gig, we're just taking a little break. Think of it like a vacation"

Trevor chuckled with ease that none of us could muster, bumping Jake's shoulder affectionately. He always had a way of staying level-headed in high-strung situations. Upon reaching the end of the dimly lit hall we were met with two of our bodyguards, the shorter of the two holding the door open for us to our dressing room.

"I call the bathroom first!"

"No way you got it last time!"

Caleb pushed past me towards the small door at the back of the room, with Jake trailing him, both rushing to pick up their shower supplies on the way. Our manager originally set us up in separate dressing rooms but all of us complained about being bored too much, our punishment was one conjoined dressing room. It's safe to say it wasn't much of a punishment.

I walked over to the dressing room mirror, the lights covering my face in a golden sheen. It was crazy to think about how other famous musicians like Jagged Stone have used this same mirror. I start to remove the bobby pins holding my wig in place one by one setting them on the makeup table. Trevor crept up behind me in the mirror and started to help me with the hair pins, a routine we have had for years.

"You know you could always come with me back to California, I heard about a really good online school."

He didn't take his eyes away from his work as I watched him unwaveringly through the reflection of the mirror. I let out a dry chuckle.

"Where's the adventure in that?"

"I had a feeling you would say that."

He rolled his eyes and finally removed the wig cap from my head, releasing my h/c hair onto my shoulders. He ran his fingers through it smoothing out some of the bumps, a stress-releasing habit, before wrapping his arms around me and curling into my back.