Horror Movie

"So your friends with one of the most influential fashion designer's sons thought that it wasn't important to tell me."

"I did you just didn't listen-"

"Forget it, it's not important. My team will be reaching out to thank him for attending the show. Hopefully, that will open up more communication."

I rolled my eyes. This deal was all YBE could think about, they think having a household designer would push us out of just the musical fame category.

I turn to look out the tinted window of the car. Poppy offered to drop me off before she rode back to the airport to get on the private jet. She had a red eye to catch as per usual.

"I need you to start thinking about the New Year's Gala and who you might want to bring with you, We have extra tickets this year because Trevor and Jake can't attend."

I perked up at this as she continued to scroll through a page on her iPad.

"Could I bring Paris friends?"

She paused and her brows knit in thought.

"Yes... but try to pick someone that has some sense of the English language."

"Okay, I'll text you when I've decided."

"Are you sure this is the correct address?"

"Yes Luka and Jul live on a boat remember?"

Poppy looked skeptical casting a side eye to the boats lined up against the river.

"For financial reasons..?"

"No, I think they're fine the way they are. Their dad is Jagged Stone."

She looked at me for a long silent pause.

"Just-Just get out of the car."

After scaring off Poppy I walked down the stone steps to the dock level of the river bay. I adjusted my bag on my back, nervously. Juleka threw a watch party for the 'Side by Side' show and invited me to a sleepover. I claimed that I would be there knowing I'd be at the very least two hours late. My excuse for this time was that I fell asleep doing homework since I told them I needed to finish my homework before coming over. Lying came easily but the consequences of doing so were like a led weight in my gut.

Before I knew it I was walking on the boards and down the wooden steps onto the boat. I figured the group was inside in either Luka's or Juleka's room. I checked the males first and sure enough, as I approached the room I could hear a TV running and people talking in the background.

I pushed open the door slowly and was met with Juleka, Luka, Marinette, Alya, Nino, and Rose. They turned to look at me as I entered the room before bursting into motion.

"Where have you been, we've been texting you?!"

"You missed the whole show dude!"

"I'm sorry I fell asleep doing homework on the couch, by the time I woke up the show was already finished and I was rushing here."

This seemed to satisfy the group though most of them seemed bummed that I had missed it.

"So how was it, is Echo living in Paris like they said on the news?"

Alya huffed in disappointment slouching down further into the bean bag she was sitting on with Nino.

"No. She was on vacation. Which makes more sense but ughh!"

I chuckled a bit, shooting her a sympathetic smile, while I set my bag next to Luka's bed. He scooted space between him and Marinette so I could sit, which I promptly took after I stripped my jacket off. Rose bubbled to the front of the conversation.