First Day

We entered the classroom chatting and giggling to be met with a crowded classroom. Everyone was split off into small groups similar to the courtyard, I didn't recognize anyone except the people in the back. Juleka, Ivan, and Rose sat in the back looking at something on Ivan's phone. Rose looked up and spotted me standing near the doorway and you would've thought Jagged Stone had walked through the door. She squealed and giddily ran down the stairs, basically jumping on me, and I caught her in an awkward hug.

"I knew you'd be in our class!"

I giggled a bit and agreed that she had predicted it. She stiffened and let go of me as a blonde girl in a yellow outfit strutted past us to the seat on my left. A redhead with glasses and a plaid sweater vest trailed her quickly, sitting down on her right. It felt as if the positive energy and excitement about the year were sucked out of the room upon their arrival.
The blonde looked up from her phone and gave me a once-over.

"Who are you?"

She asked curtly, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"I'm y/n."

She scoffed, looking back at her phone with her friend doing the same. I shot Marinette a questioning look, she just rolled her eyes and promised to explain later.

"Adrikins come sit over here nea-"

The girl's high-pitched request was cut off when a woman, who I assumed was the teacher, walked in.

"Hi everyone I'm Ms. Bustier if you don't already know me. If everyone could please stand up I'll be giving out seating arrangements!"

The blonde shot the teacher a dirty look and everyone groaned at the mention of assigned seats. The teacher ignored this with a knowing smile while she continued to grab her papers.
She started going down the row pointing to different seats and saying people's names. She made it to the back row when she pointed at a chair and said my name, then continued to the next desk.

I grabbed my bag and walked up the stairs to the desk, a kid with red hair following close behind and sitting down on my left. Looking at the rows in front of me I was met with Nino and Adrien in the first row, Alya and Mari in the row behind them, and finally, Ivan sat directly in front of us with someone I didn't recognize. The teacher sat Rose and Juleka directly across the aisle next to me, and I consider that a small victory. I turned to the boy next to me who seemed to be drawing.

"Hi, I'm y/n, that drawing is sick!"

He looked up cheeks dusted pink, he wrung his hands shyly.

"Oh this it's n-nothing, I'm Nathaniel."

I looked closer at the intricate sketch, different lines, and shading meshing together into a perfect picture.

"Woah is that a superhero? I love his design!"

I was never good at drawing but I always loved art, it reminds me of my passion for music. Everything about it, the passion the artist puts into it, and the beautiful colors, are all inspiring. A hopeful look crossed his face.

"R-Really? It's just a sketch...I'm trying to make a comic."

"That's amazing, I'll be the first person to buy one!"

We laughed and chatted for a while, finding that we had a lot of similar interests. He reminded me of Jake a bit. He even let me flip through his sketchbook to look at all the old drawings, eventually, I landed on a page with a boy I recognized. It was one of the rare drawings that were done in color, the boy had black hair and green eyes. Nathanial blushed and tried to flip to the next page, muttering a half-assed explanation.