Dye

"So this Adrien dude...?"

I shoved him as we continued to trek through the city streets on our way to Luka and Juleka's boat. Leaving large footprints in our wake.

"He's my friend from school, he was the other lead in the play."

"And he just has bodyguards?"

"His father is Gabriel Agreste"

"Like famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste?! No one has seen him out of his house since his wife passed."

I nodded, pulling my coat collar up further into my neck.

"His dad is... stoic."

Trevor cracked a smile.

"Very descriptive."

"Well, there is no other way to describe him. You would know if you met him."

" I heard YG talking about having him design a line for one of our older music videos, doubt he even took the offer seriously though."

' Must be why Poppy was freaking out over him coming to my performance on the Side by Side show.'

I shoved the thought to the back of my mind.

"Race you!"

I took off in a dead sprint.

"Sparky I literally have no idea where we're going!"

Trevor ran after me matching my pace, even as I sped up. The privileges of having long legs.

"You're not gonna outrun me, loser."

"Ya well, I'm the one who knows where we're going!"

I shot back taking a sharp turn to throw him off, the boat reaching my line of sight. The cold weather had frozen over the river, so the boats rested on stilts in a nearby trailer park or many boaters traveled south for the winter. I could see the warm yellow glow of the light through the windows being distorted by the snow.

Our laughing grew louder as Trev noticed me zeroing in on that specific boat.

"I'm gonna make it first!"

"In your dreams!"

We continued to shove one another as Luka and Jul made their way down the ladder to greet us at the side of the boat. Finally, Trevor tripped and slid face-first into a snow bank, I started wheezing but continued running. Unfortunately, I overestimated my ability to stop and slid right into Jul and Luka keeping my arms out, effectively clotheslining both of them. We fell onto the ground in a tangled pile of limbs.

I'm on my back howling laughing into the night, while Trevor is a ways away sounding something close to a tea kettle, clumsily crumpled on the ground.

Luka and Juleka are still flat on their backs stunned, soon they join in laughing.

"I-I can't breathe."

I'm almost at the point of sobbing when Trevor gets up and walks over to us. He holds out his hand and I take it, while the others stumble up to their feet.

"Maybe don't tackle us randomly next time."

Juleka berated, but couldn't keep the subtle fondness out of her tone.

"You act like it's something new."

We continued to laugh at one another while climbing up the ladder and into the heated indoor portion of the boat. It was decided we would all sleep in Luka's room, stretching out on bean bags and blankets on the floor.

"Dude tonight was wild."

I sighed, haphazardly throwing my bag across the room and jumping on a blue bean bag. Juleka agreed, flopping down next to me with a huff.