Gorgeous

That's how I ended up dawning a skin-tight red dress and doing what Alya called a 'revenge photoshoot' on Marinette's balcony. Her dad was nice enough to clear the snow off the balcony for our spontaneous endeavor. The dress is a finished sewing project Marinette designed herself, it hugs in all the right places and cuts off right at the mid-thigh. The sleeves hang off my shoulder loosely, a detail Juelka added while doing my makeup.

"Okay now lean over the railing a bit more and close your eyes-yes just like that perfect!"

I did as told while Alya snapped pictures. The other girls fawned over me from over her shoulder, keeping their coats tucked into their chins.

"Were you a model in another life, because your posing is amazing."

Rose squealed from where she sat on the floor of the balcony watching on. I giggled but didn't respond. Early into our careers, our whole band had a crash course in posing and handling the press, so by now it's become second nature. A shiver ran down my spine as a gust of wind pinched the back of my neck.

"I think that should do it. We've got plenty of amazing photos."

"What time is it?"

Juleka pulled her phone out of her side pocket.

"It's six thirty-six."

"Oh shoot! I have to go, I'm super sorry, I'm supposed to call Poppy at seven!"

"No, you're fine! I should probably start on my homework anyway."

I started to climb down the ladder, the girls following closely behind me. Once I reached the flood of Marinette's room I started to pull my arm out of the dress in an attempt to quickly change.

"Just give it to me next time you're here. Don't worry about it."

I nodded in 'thanks', put my coat on, slung my school bag over my shoulder, and checked my phone one last time. Technically I wasn't completely lying, I do have a call with Poppy set for seven. But it's also a meeting with my marketing team and producers about what I have set for the upcoming week.

"I'll see you guys later!"

I got a chorus of 'byes' as I scaled the ladder to the house's second floor, giving a polite 'goodbye' to Marinette's parents before dashing down the stairs to the ground level. I made it almost all the way down the block when I realized I had forgotten my skateboard.

'Power walking it is!'

The black heels I borrowed from Marinette, who was somehow only half an inch smaller than me, clinked against the paved sidewalk. The shoes were actively working against me as I walked, but they had lots of buckles to undo and my sneakers were already tucked in my bag on the way out.

Eventually, when I was a few blocks from my house, I noticed two men sitting on the steps of the side of a house. They wore baggy clothes and their appearance was anything but kept up. The sun had set and it was already dark adding to the eeriness of the situation. I wasn't even able to make it to them before they noticed me, the smaller one whistled at me and stomped out his cigarette into the snow. While the taller one turned to me as I walked by.

"Boy, would I like to be the destination you're goin' to."

I giggled uncomfortably, my body ridged with fear. Just two more steps and I'd be past them. The two had stepped out onto the sidewalk to barely breach my path. Just as I felt hope build up in my chest I felt a rough tug on my backpack send me flying back towards the men. I turned to face the two unavoidable forces.

"Let go of me."

"Where you goin' lil thing? It's too cold to be wearing a dress like that."

His eyes racked up and down my body, while his friend chimed in. I flinch in distaste.