Dark Energy (Aka: The Reunion)

"When pretending lends a helping hand, we hold it close, so close, and never letting go. Then the pen begins to write a story with an end that bends right out of our control. How did we get so, jaded, I don't know, was it the white lies, feeding our egos?..."
Hourglass- Set it Off

***************************************************************

Steam rose out from the kettle as its shrieks flooded through the whole kitchen. Rushing to the stove, Henrik pour the content into his best doctor mug. Sitting onto the kitchen table, he flipped through the documents in front of him, wondering what he did wrong to cause his patient's demise.

"Top of the mornin' Henrik." A voice called out from the hallway followed by a knock. He craned his head up to find that Marvin was knocking at the wall with the back of his hand.

"You're up early." Due to leaving early, he doesn't know when Marvin's usually up.

"Yeah, usually not a morning person, but-" He nod his head downwards at his legs. Henrik leaned his view away from the table to find Robbie hugging one of the magician's legs. "Robbie, let go." He ordered, but the zombie disobeyed. Letting out an exhausted sigh, Marvin stepped his free leg forward then dragged, and straining, his other leg.

After he got to the chair across from the doctor, the magician pulled out the chair, careful not to hit the zombie, then sat down. "You know, I've been thinking." Marvin started. "When Robbie woke me up this morning, I got a close look at him and... do you really think he looks somewhat familiar to you?"

"Despite that he uze to be my patient, yeah." The doctor drop his head down back at the documents, flipping some papers over and continue reading.

"No, I mean... when he was alive. Does he...?"

"Yeah, kinda." Henrik recalled, glancing at Robbie from under the table, who had let go of the magician's leg and now just sitting next to him, hugging a Septiceye Sam plush that he found abandoned under the table. "Kinda like us." He leaned back up to face Marvin.

"Huh, didn't know ma had triplets." Marvin said, "All separated at birth."

"You know it's possible for twins to be 87 days apart. As for triplets...?" Henrik paused, grabbing hold of his mug, took a sip, and ponder at the oddity. He carefully placed it back down, not getting his hand off the handle.

"And yet, you don't know basic human anatomy." Marvin joked. "No wonder you killed all your patients."

Henrik gripped his mug tighter, putting his head down in his free hand as it balanced on the table by the elbow.

"Can't believe they hired you considering you got your doctor's license from a cereal box."

"Shut up." Henrik hissed through his gritted teeth.

All the stuff about his absent knowledge of human anatomy and getting his degree or licence from a breakfast container was a joke, so why was he feeling like all that was true? A mockery of his real accomplishments?

Marvin glanced down at the paperwork on the table then the mug, then the doctor's jittery body, the end of his doctor coat sleeves shivered. "You know, I think you should really cut down on the coffee." He advised with concern.

"Telling me to cut down on coffee is like me telling you to 'cut down' on your magic." Henrik countered back with venom without looking up.

"How does my magic relate to your coffee addiction?" Marvin asked, defensively.

Henrik shot up, giving Marvin a look, eyes twitching. "You cause accidental fires, ingest your so-called 'potions', and vhatever else your magic does zhat harms you and others on a daily basis!" He pointed a finger up. " And not to mention-" He pointed down to Robbie. "-necromancy! "