Under the Knife (TW: Self Harm)

Back at the house, four of the seven Septics were hanging on to hope and their lives at the familiarity of this sensation, except this one is instantaneous. Chase, Jameson, and Robbie were all crashed onto the couch while Marvin sat on the floor with his back on the side part of the arm rest, trying to conjure up any kind of magic for a hint of luck.

Jameson try to start off a conversation. 'How do you think Jack is feeling at the moment?'

Chase shrugged. "I don't know. Nothing?"

'What does that feel like?'

"Emotional numbness."

"What does that feel like?" Marvin piped into the conversation. He waved his wand back and forth like a metronome as he stare at the green pea size glow at the tip that suddenly turned blue.

Chase let out an audible sigh, rubbing his face with his hand in exhaustion. "You don't want to know."

The magician gasped in delight. "Look who just got their memory back." He lifted up the wand for his brothers to see.

The three grinned at the blue light of hope and miracle before the magician put it back down and the glow shuts off all together, using up all its power.

"Speaking of, what the hell happened when we were gone?!" Chase asked the magician.

Robbie frowned and curled up, putting his head on the father's lap and whimpered.

The magician's expression faltered and he stood back up to face the three. "It was around 6:30 . I just got home late from dinner with Jan and Trey. Robbie and I went up to check on Anti, finding him breaking down again. An hour later he cried himself to sleep and I left Robbie in the room with him. Jackie had left when I was still upstairs for his nightly crime fighting and Henrik went back into his office to work. Since Anti wanted to be alone, I had placed a security camera inside of Robbie's Septiceye Sam plush just to watch over him." He let out a frustrating groan. "Ugh, if I have enough energy to conjure up the footage I would!" He paused and look down at his wand. "But for some reason it turned itself off around 8: 40. Must be a malfunction. At that moment, I rushed back to Henrik's room to check on him, only to find him and Robbie gone and Henrik in the room. That's when I called Jackie to scope the city."

"Did you see Dark in the room with him?" Chase asked.

"Not really. I did see an Iplier ego in the room, but I couldn't make out who it was, either it's someone we know or not. He was only spotted for a split second before disappearing, but for some reason, Robbie didn't try to attack. He always attacks when there's some sort of threat."

"Then maybe that ego is not a threat."

Jameson find a contradiction to Marvin's story. 'If Robbie had the toy with him, how come we couldn't find it in the room, unless he took it with him.'

"I did." Robbie spoke. "And... Sam didn't turn off. Magic... stop working."

All attention turn to the zombie ego as he try to piece together the story to the best of his abilities.

****
From the floor above them, Dark was occasionally stomping as he tried to calm himself down. His auras flaring in distress as Celine and Damien try to console him.