Amends and Apologies

Chase sat at the table of the vacant kitchen the next morning, staring at his cup of tea as he lifted up the wet tea bag in and out of the liquid and checking his phone from time to time.

It is currently Friday, according to the screen. Hopefully Stacy would finally call again like last week to have him see the kids on the weekend, especially with their agreement in court. But he couldn't get their conversation out of his mind.

" I think you should deal with yourself first before you can come back."

Work on himself? What does she mean by that? Is it because of his addiction? Or is there something more? Maybe it was what he was trying to do a few days ago back at the cliff, but there's no way she knew about that. As for his financial stability...

He groaned to himself. "So stupid!" He slammed his fist to the table, spilling droplets of tea on the table.

There's no way they would let him back in after his resignation. As for his vlogging. He haven't upload anything in almost three weeks.

Why did he do that for? Resigning out of work and for what?! Was he really hoping for a better life? There's nothing different about it, if anything, it must've been worse than his current situation, like being evicted, although it shown him still having his car.

He checked his phone again for the tenth time this morning, only to be met with the same screen. Going through his contacts, he tried his luck again, hoping not to get another miss call or decline.

And once again, it was a miss call. At least it's better than a decline. Meaning she might call back later. 'Hey, at least she didn't block my number.'

He could just try driving over there, but his only vehicle is totaled. Jackie had taken his car to have it repaired, only for them to be unable to do anything with that amount of damage and there is no way Henrik would allow him to borrow his, knowing how reckless Chase tends to drive sometimes.

He did a lot of thinking for the past few days after the incident back at the cliff... even having Marvin and Anti yell some sense into him.

Maybe his life is the same, but it's his mindset that needed to be changed.

Is that what she means by 'working on himself.'

Maybe...

But he doesn't even know where to start.

The sound of the doorbell rang through the house, followed by someone banging once on the door with a hard thud before opening up.

Before raising up to see who it was, Chase spotted the dapper ego entering the kitchen, tipping his bowler hat in greeting.

"Top o' the morning, JJ." He greeted back. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the theater?"

"Oh, I told my co-workers that I'll be back tonight just in time for the show." Jameson signed. He took an available seat across from him and continued. "Turns out I was ahead of schedule after writing the story for the week, preparing the stage the day before, and other business I need to attend to, so I had most of the day to spare and decided to visit."

"Must be nice owning your own business." He look down at his drink once more and started drowning the tea bag only to rise it up the liquid in repeat. " Being your own boss, taking as much hours as you needed... doing what you love and actually able to financially stable yourself." He look up at his fellow ego again.

"Aren't you a vlogger?'

"Yeah, but it's not enough to stable myself."