The Magic Kit

"Alrighy, Jackieboy! You're all finished. " Henrik said, putting the bandages away. After taking the hero's vitals and checking his body, the doctor had discovered some bleeding, wounded areas from underneath his shredded, rubber suit that Anti didn't even notice from the darkness of the night alone and patched them up while laying the hero down on the bed.

His shredded, modified suit was thrown out and replaced with one of Henrik's blue shirt and sweat pants. Quite convenient how all the egos wore the same size. His blue mask was also taken off, highlighting his lime green hair to brown from the roots.

"Thanks Doc--" Jackie said, about to sit back up slowly, feeling the soreness of his muscles.

"Hey!" The doctor snapped, putting a hand on Jackie's chest and pushed him back down. " I didn't instruct you to move! You are in no condition to fight!"

"But what if--"

"Vhatever it is, let zhe authorities handle it. You need to focus on your recovery."

"Some of them won't do shit! Do you have any idea how many victims couldn't seek justice because an authority would believe them or there weren't enough evidence? Do you have any idea how long it takes for the authorities to arrive at the scenes?! They won't make it in time!"

"Neither vill you if you keep moving!"

"Strap me down why won't ya?!"

Anti listened to the continuous squabbling as he stared aimlessly at rolling stool a few feet away from him in contemplation. It was his fault Jackie is in this condition. He can just orally volunteer, but knowing that the two will decline his offer, assuming that he'll do more harm than good, or maybe claimed that he's too volatile, or whatever their reasons are, he kept his mouth shut. Besides, since when did he ever let anybody stop him?

And yeah, even though they all inhabits the mind of a single person, who's to say it's all a safe haven? Whatever Seán imagined, witnessed, read, or experienced, all becomes a part in his mind. Meaning Anti is not the only threat.

The vigilante groaned as he lie straight on his back with both arms by his side. It's been a while since he's been held back by the doctor. To Henrik, this might be the first time he'd ever treated him, but in truth, he's been treating all of the egos many times in one way or another. Before, Henrik would let him go, knowing how quickly the hero recovers, even as minor as muscle soreness or an abrasion and telling him to 'take it easy'. But if there were fractured bones or worse, he would be substituted with Marvin.

Turning his head to the side, Jackie watched as Henrik went back to his seat and took a sip of his coffee from the mug before balancing both elbows on his desk and drooping his head on his hands. The wall clock above him struck a quarter to three. Next to him stood a small table where the doctor had laid all of the hero's tools that was hooked on his belt along with the device and his phone.

He stared at the idled clunk of metal impatiently, waiting for it's signal. Taunting him with its unusual silence, knowing that danger is lurking in the night and he wouldn't be able to stop it.

Maybe Anti fried it while they were battling.

He was surprise to be able to escape with his life. Right before the explosion, one of the lightning snapped the rope that was restricting him and he instantly flew out of dodge at the nick of time before the explosion happened. The pressure of that did cause him to catapult to a nearby bolder, knocking him out for who knows how long.