The Aftermath (Anti's POV)

Opening his eyes to the welcoming of the night, Anti register his surrounding and shot up off the dirt ground in bewilderment. He scan around the area at the crater of his own creation, perplexed. 'Wait, didn't I just glitch out of Marvin's room? How did I end up here?'

Did he somehow blackout?

Probably, it happened many times before and he winded up in here.

But what happen during those blackouts? Was he in a comatose state? Was he sleepwalking or sleep-glitching? Or did he have some sort of episode of dissociation? Well, whatever it was, he woke up to this mind numbing sensation, like everything had compacted itself into his head.

And suddenly, it all came back to him now.

The guilt, the incident, the trauma... all of it. Not only that, but the spirits had came back to play after almost three years.

Was that all the unbearable migraines were about? Spirits of his guilty conscious trying to break free? Or were they just memories that were trying to be recovered? Whatever it was, it hurts like a bitch!

After the headache had subsided, he glitched out of the crater and onto the grass and scour the open field. His eyes caught a nearby tree and his mind replayed the short battle he had in his head with Jackie. His eyes travel around below to the crater, watching the battle unfold in third person. The battle he had in his corrupted form.

He promised himself he'll never go back to that form again. What made him snap?

"Dude, what happened to our brothers was just an accident." Jackie had reminded him before the fight.

'Yeah right... he doesn't know the whole story.'

He watched until the battle was over and his mind immediately flashed to his normal form glitching out of the crater, calling out for his brother.

"C'mon, this isn't funny! I'm not dealing with this shit again!"

"JACKIE! I swear to god if you don't--" His past self paused in place, looking like he's in the midst of a panic attack until he heard coughing and his eyes switched to the boulder.

Walking closer to the same boulder, Anti noticed bits of dried blood from the shine of lunar light, then instead of seeing Jackie leaning over with soot on his face and coughing, like before, he instead saw a very pale Jackie, lying motionless behind the boulder.

And his mind flashed to that night...

****
December 26, 2017

"Anti, it's going to be ok." He heard a voice echo. He then felt someone grab him his quivering frame.

"No, he's not going to make it." Anti whimpered.

"Yes he will. And Schneep and Robbie and everyone else will be okay." Jackie tried to reassure.

"It's all my fault."

"None of this was your fault. It's just an accident." Jackie said softly. He then felt the hero let go, but the glitch was still staring down at the floor.

"Anti... Anti? Can you hear me?" His voice was full of alertness.

The glitch just subtly nod, staring at the two unconscious egos with blurry eyes as the feeling sinks in.

"It's all going to be okay..." Jackie reiterate.

"How do you know?" The glitch whimpered through shaky breaths.