The Anti-Hero Pt. 1

One hour ago...

Welcomed by the cerulean sky after his awakening, Anti sat up from the dusty ground, feeling weights being lifted off his shoulders. The tension ease from his muscles after holding in all that power and energy for a while. To him, holding in all that energy was like holding in intense numbing pain in your muscles after vigorous exercise. He didn't think he needed to do that... ever.

Craning his head around, he found himself in some sort of ditch... no, crater. Glitching out of the hole, and dusting off his black outfit, he examined the circumference of it. About twenty meters in diameter. 'Did I create that? ' He inquired. 'Eh, if Jackie asked, I'll just tell him they're constructing a community pond.' He scanned around the area structured in an opened field, with a railroad and some buildings nearby. A mixture of rural and the suburban with some urban areas across the city. Yeah, this world is a jumble concoction of everything if you inhabits the mind of a traveling, lets-player on the Internet and no one even bat an eye.

"Anti!" A distant shout echoed from behind him.

"S̴h̸i̷t̸." He muttered under his breath and he tried glitching away, suddenly appearing close by the train tracks a few feet away. Staring forward, he found cars passing by on the road nearby, suddenly catching a glimpse of a familiar blue car speeding.

'Probably just a similar looking car.' He thought, until the pounding hits him. Doubling over, he held onto one of the poles for stability as his body began to spark and chills started to creep up his spine. A sense of deja vu and dread waves over.

Flying from above, the red ego scanned down the area for the source of the explosion, only to spot a green figure sparking nearby the tracks.

Hearing footsteps landed on the dirt sprinting towards him, Anti started charging on foot.

"Come back here, you son of a bitch!"

'Something doesn't feel right here.' Anti thought as his eyes landed on the railroad control panel and the road where the blue car use to be. Glitching into one of the control panel, he switched one of the tracks.

In Jackie's eyes, it seemed like the glitch just disappeared. Cursing under his breath, the hero concentrated on the energy around him, until he heard a metal clank of the track switching.

Glitching back out of the control panel, Anti crashed onto his back on the dirt road. "F̸͔͝o̷̭͒o̴͍̓k̷̤͆! Work with me g̵͎͘ǫ̵̆d̵͈́d̷̠̍a̶̖͝m̷͐͜ṉ̶̽ it!" He screamed as he sat up off the ground.

He felt a hand grasp him from the back of his shirt collar, pulling him up. "And where have you been up to these past few days?" Before the glitch can answer, a beep sounded from Jackie's phone. He took it out and opened up a text from Jameson.

Peeking over the shoulder at the text, he could only see parts of it from his view. He couldn't decipher it well, but it seems like it's an urgent text to come to Chase's and a mentioning of a gun. Anti has a bad feeling about this, knowing his younger brother's current state. The last interaction they had was when he was intoxicated, and with a mentioning of a gun, that can only end horribly with a car added in.

"C' mon, man. We gotta go." Jackie said. "Can you glitch us to Chase's?"

But Anti was deep in thought. Finding the possibilities and the outcome. And after seeing Chase driving off, it's easier to eliminate and predicted his next move. Just waiting and watching really comes in handy.