The Aftermath (Jackie's POV)

Present Time

"... So, after the incident, I heard Anti fled the house after the ambulance arrived." Jackie narrated his side to the available egos. "Everything else was a blur afterwards. Suddenly I found myself waking up in the same exact place I was laying... in the house... alone."

The group listened as the hero elaborated his side of the story, gathering around the kitchen table. They didn't get much information from just Marvin's magical screen alone, considering it only showed the magician's perspective from that day, having him wake up and descend the stairs, only to find Henrik and Robbie unconscious on the ground and him berating Anti. Then teleported himself to Stacy's only to be a little too late when warning them and he along with Chase and Jameson got blasted. No wonder Marvin was pissed after he woke.

"Still, it doesn't explain why Anti couldn't remember the incident until now, though. " Chase said from behind the hero, standing next to the microwave and waiting for the food to heat up.

"Zhere is a possibility he could've repressed zhe memory subconsciously, yeah?" Henrik stated.

"Probably..." Jackie mumbled.

Henrik shook his head and tsked, applying a sterile gauze on Jackie's burns on his stomach. "Two injuries in a row... You really need to stop trying to save everybody and take care of yourself." After he was finished, he put it back in his coat pocket and carefully pull down Jackie's shirt from the bottom hem.

The hero smirked and let out a scoff. "You're the one to talk."

"Alrighty, bon appetit!" Chase called out from behind him in a French accent. He placed a plate of a cut-up piece of lasagna on the table next to Jackie. He then said in his normal accent. "And don't worry about us. Schneep, Robbie, and I already ate. JJ, are you sure you don't want any?"

Jameson shook his head politely and signed. 'I've already ate before arriving here. Thank you for offering, though.'

"Chase, it's not a good idea to serve him dinner zhis late." Henrik advise.

"It's fine, Schneep." Jackie said. "I didn't really eat much at Mark's. Wasn't that hungry at the time." Gazing down at the food, the red ego eagerly grinned at the brick-sized portion of the pasta dish and grabbed a fork next to his plate and started scarfing it down.

"Jackie! Slow down!"

"Don't worry. I sometimes eat like that too." Chase let out a light chuckle, sitting back down between Jameson and Henrik.

"It's really good." The hero muffled with a mouth full of food. After he swallowed, and wipe his mouth with a napkin, he leaned back in the chair, staring down at the half-finished meal. It's been a while since he'd had any of Chase's meals. Even though the recipe is nothing ordinary or unique, he still misses the person that's usually in the kitchen. " I miss your cooking."

The vlogger stare at the hero in bewilderment, but let it slide. "Oh, uh... thanks." 'This is probably before the memory alteration.' "Yeah it's been a while since I've went back into the kitchen."

'What did you put in it?' Jameson signed.

"Lasagna noodles, ground beef, cheese, and garlic." He answered flatly, not seeing why the hero was happy about the delectable taste, seeing how it's not really unique.