Burnout

December, 23, 2017

In a pitch dark area in the back of his mind inhabits a single green glowing figure, rest his head on a pillow. The area that was filled with peaceful energy was now emitting a fog-like atmosphere.

Waken up from that sudden change of atmosphere, Anti rise up from his pillow and scour around in the darkness at the peculiarity. The atmosphere around him blanketed him inside a cloud. There was no light from Seán's view that's usually blasts him with unwanted illumination, instead the only faint light emitting was from his own skin, radiating like a visible aura.

'What... the... fook?'

Suddenly, a stream of light hit him from the side like sunlight peeking through the blinds. Looking back through his creator's eyes, he sees the Irishman waking up from his slumber and getting ready for the day.

Except, this wasn't his usual routine. Usually Seán would wake up, do his morning activities, then get to work, but today was not one of those days.

Sure, Anti could conclude that his creator is taking a break like he'd planned to, but if it's just a break, then why does this place feel so... suffocating?

Looking down at his arms, he saw sparks crawling all over like it did last night, accompanied by some sort of tingling feeling. Was this a new power?

Before he could even thought about experimenting on his newfound ability, the gut feeling struck again, this time with a force. The glitch turned back to his creator. The screen started to blur, like a video being filmed underwater.

Is Seán okay? Is something going on with the rest of the egos?

Instinctively glitching into the imaginative world, he accidentally landed in the middle of the streets. People around him were unusually rushing in and out like busy cities this early in the morning in the cold winter. Probably buying some last-minute Christmas presents for friends and family. A cacophony of the bustling town entered his ears, which occasionally deafens by his tinnitus.

'Ugh, does every ego of his have this constant ringing or is it just me watching Jack too much?' It's true, hanging in the back of Seán's mind with a screen and watching him record and play is a home cinema of itself.

"Hey, ow! Watch it!" Someone shouted as they passed by. He didn't even feel the impact of the bump.

Popping out of his thoughts, Anti faces forward, seeing a corral of people with coats and jumpers  bustling around in the cold.  Looking around, he noticed people were inching away from him due to him being in his own bubble of danger with his reputation on the streets. 

And even though the glitch doesn't have a knife in his disposal at the moment...

He's already got a human taser.

Feeling claustrophobic already, Anti teleported away and tried focusing on the task at hand.

The first place he winded up in was in Chase's house. Planting into the bare living room, Anti scan around to find his fellow ego on the couch sleeping and the TV is turned on. On the sole table near the door lay car keys and some sort of (toy?) ray gun. 

Nothing out of the normal here.

The next place he checked out Jameson's new apartment. Landing in his pristine bedroom, making himself unnoticed, the glitch watched as the dapper gentleman's getting ready for work. He quickly acknowledged his sluggish motion while his feet slid across the floor. Hunched over to the bed and slouch down, Jameson's tired eyes wander his room, feeling some kind of oddity, but he seem to dismissed it as a hallucination.