Repercussions

Facing the TV in the living room of Mark's house, Anti heard a hard thud from behind. "Agh!" Turning around, he found the red ego laying on the floor, clutching his right side. From Anti's deduction, he could conclude that his teleportation had been faulty, causing the red hero to trip off the couch he had landed on and crashed onto the floor, hitting his side on the edge of the dark, wooden coffee table.

The glitch couldn't help but sneered at the hero's agony.

Sitting on the far end of the couch was the American doctor ego, who had glanced up from his clipboard. Sprinting down to his knees next to the hero, the doctor unzipped his red jumpsuit down to his belly, seeing the faintly formed bruised line on his right side.

"I'm sorry," The doctor started. "He's-"

"D̶o̶n̵'̷t̷!" Anti pointed his knife at the doctor. "....e̸v̴e̴n̴ ̷s̵t̷a̴r̶t̴." He growled through his gritted teeth.

Zipping his suit back up, Jackie sprang up, ignoring his pain. "Where's Jack?"

Before Dr. Iplier could open his mouth to speak, the egos heard commotions coming from the backyard. Scouring around, the two peeked through the window. They found the boys playing badminton in the pool. A camera stood on its stand facing them with the woman with brown hair next to them providing towels and placing them on one of the lounge chairs nearby.

To Anti, it was much of muffled laughter through the window. Jackie uses his hyper-hearing and translate to the glitch what he's hearing.

"For how long had Mad Mike been around?" Seán asked his younger friend.

Ethan wondered for a moment before answering. " I believe he was conceptualized three years ago, but he had inhabited my mind just like the rest of my egos. I don't know who let him out and for how long."

"Probably Wilford." Mark guessed before handed Seán a small white rubber cork with cone shape feathered plastic attached to it. "Here we call it a birdie or a shuttlecock."

Ethan sputtered, trying not to laugh.

"Oh ha,ha , very funny." Mark mocked. He really did act like a different person when he's on camera.

"Well, if you just think about it..." The younger male giggled, causing the contagious laughter to affect his friend.

Seán just look at the item in hand. "What's so funny? It's just a shuttlecock."

They stop laughing and stared at him. "You usually laugh at these things." Ethan said. 'That joke might be a little weak.'

"I just don't get what's so hilarious about an item sounding like a male human anatomy."

Ethan leaned over to whisper in Mark's ear. "You want to give him sex toys to see if he would get the same reaction?"

"Yeah, probably." Mark agreed, swimming towards the edge. "I'll go get the drill."

"Hey, Mark?" Ethan guffawed as he reminisced. "Remember when someone knocked on the door when you had that ball gag in your mouth?"

Mark sputtered out. "He didn't say a goddamn thing."

As the two howled out in laughter, Seán just stared at the two perplexed before swimming away towards the floating rackets.