Glitch in the Mirror

I drew this awesome picture above. Follow me at cbirb_scarlett on Instagram for more pics, drawings, and mini-comics! Thank you and on with the chapter!

*****************************

"So yeah... after I flew out here and assist Mark and Ethan on recording, I kinda fell ill." Seán explained, leaning back on Mark's office chair. He was just finishing up recording another game play and sending the footage to his editor when he texted just in time to see if he's available for discussion.

"Hey, I'm glad you're back up on your feet, man." Robin chuckled over video chat. " I was about to run out of pre-recorded videos to edit."

"Hey, yeah, no problem! So what did you want to discuss to me about?"

"Oh, uh..." Robin paused, scanning around his other monitor. "So, for your recent video you sent yesterday. I noticed something a little... odd. Was Anti suppose to sneak into the background like that because I swore I didn't edit him there."

"Which video?"

"You know, the one where you were drunk, playing a quiz game with Ethan and Mark."

"Oh... hold on, let me check again." He opened up another file and checked the other monitor at the footage, scrolling through the time-line bar. Right at the part where Ethan left, Anti had popped up in the background. This was not planned at all, having his glitch ego appear like that during any of his recordings. Yet whenever he does and Seán had noticed, the Irishman would just tell Robin during production to edit him out. He doesn't want his fans to freak or make any theories that will blow everything out of proportion. They've already done that with random glitches alone. He already had stuff planned out!

Huffing out a breath and rubbing the side of his face in exhaustion, Seán said, "Actually, now that I think about it... cut him out along with the part with Mark and only have me and Ethan play. I wasn't being myself when Mark entered the room." He doesn't need Robin to be pulled into his predicament.

"Of course you weren't. You were drunk." Robin laughed.

Seán tried to laugh along. "Yeaaah..." He picked up his mug and took an awkward sip of his coffee.

'If only Robin knew.'

When putting the mug back down, the Irishman wasn't looking where he was putting it, causing the bottom edge of the mug to hit the mouse, tipping it over and spilling its contents. "Oh, uh.. oops?" His voice drifts off as he stared down at the seeping dark liquid, crawling underneath the keyboard and table.

"What happen?" His editor asked, leaning closer to the screen.

"Oh, nothing. I just spilled some dirty bean water on the keyboard." Seán answered nonchalantly.

"Well, what are you doing? Clean it up!"

Spinning the office chair and scanning around the recording room lazily, Seán let out an audible groan of defeat. "There're no towels or papers in here."

"Dude... Just rush out and get one." His editor said simply. He'd seen Seán instinctively bolted around, cleaning his mess during recording, so why is he acting all nonchalant to the mishap?

Then, the faint sound of dog collars jingled behind the door along with doors opening and closing. Swishing his head towards the closed door, then back down at the spilled drink, an idea instantly struck.

"Hey Robin... I gotta go."

****

"Ethan, why don't you go home and let me handle it? We can just record via video chat."