The Truth Within the Wand

Waking up in the black void of darkness, Marvin immediately stood up and scour around. The egos were right. This place is an empty hall of dark nothingness. Go ahead and keep walking and you'll wind up nowhere, walking in an infinite space.

But the magician knew it wasn't just nothing, something is hidden within this void-like dream, waiting to be sought.

Feeling for his wand in all four of his pockets, all he felt was the fabric of his jeans. He then tried conjuring up some kind of magic onto his palms for illumination, only to be left empty handed. He was anticipating that might happen, so he had no choice but to casually stroll along the area until he found... something.  

He recalled hearing about the other's dreams. Lucid dreaming doesn't work, nor was there any auditory hint. It seems to just come to him. He couldn't just stand here and wait for it. Something has to summon it, right? A certain emotion? Feeling? Memory?

But it didn't take long until a glint of green peeked through the darkness, like a blinking beacon.

"There it is." Marvin said, quickening his pace. "Huh, easier than I thought."

He couldn't tell how long he was running for, but it felt like half an hour. Was the light that far of a distance or is it just trolling him? Is it just a mirage? He'd learned from Henrik one time that even in pitch darkness, the eye can see a hint of light from miles away. Or was he talking about closed eyes? He should've paid more attention.

He started losing his patients with every minute that has gone by. Is he getting any closer? Is this what he's suppose to be seeking for? It has to be. It's basically calling for him.

His legs started screaming after running for who knows how long. He knew he should've just walk towards it, but the adrenaline of the anticipation had triggered his fight or flight. Whatever truth lies within his memories is the one that will hopefully be the last piece they needed to fix everything. So he started slowing down. He needed to preserve his energy for any danger that's yet to come.

He couldn't tell how long he really has to get to it before his awakening. He just know four to five hours in the waking world, but time varies in the dream world. One minute you're asleep at night only to wake up hours later in the morning with only a few minutes of dreaming in between. 

Then, before he knew it, the green glow grew in size and brightness with every step he takes.

"Finally." He mumbled to himself as he quickens his pacing again.

As he finally got close to it, the green glow gradually revealed itself to be some kind of magic peeking from a hole in the ground. But once he's about a foot away, the magic glow started moving away from him.

"Wha-" Marvin stuttered, growing irritated when he reached the conclusion. "Had you been running away from me this entire time?!"

The glow was swishing around him like a cat's laser pointer.

Chasing the glow around, he tried pouncing on it, smashing his body onto the ground as the light moves away. "Goddamit all!" He yelled in frustration. "Come on, I don't have time for this!"

It has to be Anti's doing somehow. All three of the egos' dream had the glitch involve in one way or another. He stopped chasing the light and tried glancing up, hoping to see something that's causing this. But all he could see was darkness.