Speech is Silver, Silence is Golden

Seán let out a breath as he rubbed his hands together in preparation, letting his nerves flow away before pressing the call button. Before the call, the Irishman had replayed the conversation in his head he had with his alter egos and rehearsed on how to explain the ordeal to his friend so they can devise a plan.

The screen popped up as Mark answered the call. "Hey, Jack." He greeted. His eyes scanning at another computer monitor, seemingly distracted.

"Hey." Seán greeted with a small smile. " Am I interrupting anything?"

His eyes flashed forward. "No, not at all! You were just in time, actually. I was just finishing recording a lets play."

"Oh, okay." At least he wasn't distracting anything. Wasn't it better in text? It's not like the situation was urgent. " Hey listen... Can I asked you something a little... personal."

Mark eyed him dubiously. "And you're discussing this via video chat?"

Maybe personal wasn't the right word. Maybe this was a bad idea. Yet, Mark is the only one he knew who has a plethora and a diverse cast of who knows how many egos.

"It's about the egos."

"Well, I do have a massive ego." Mark joked, leaning on his chair and smirked.

"No, I mean... Do they ever escape from your mind?"

" Yeah. Some of them stayed while some just hangs around in the real world." He shrugged nonchalantly. Then he muttered. " Despite my orders..."

"What do you think your egos are up to at the moment."

"Let's see..." Mark look up in thought. "Wilford is probably drinking or dancing at a bar. The Googles are probably shut down at the moment. Bim, Silver Shephard, and Ed are doing there usual occupations, Dark is hanging in the void..." He paused for a moment. "Yeah, that's all I know."

"Come on," Seán chuckled. " I know you have many more egos than that! How can you not know what's going on inside your head?"

"Who said the rest were in my head?"

Seán's jaw dropped slightly at the mention of some of Mark's egos running amok. Well, at least the dangerous ones are at bay... right?

"Anyway, what were you calling for about the egos? Please tell me you didn't find any of mine in Brighton! Who is it?! Was it Bing? Was it the Jims?! "

"No..." Why would they be in Brighton?! Did they escape from Mark's during his last visit?

"Good, 'cause I can't find them anywhere." Mark sighed. "Anyway, what were you saying?"

Seán slouched down on his gaming chair with a groan, rubbing his face with his hand. "Mark, I think I really fucked up this time." He lower his head in despair. "You see, I asked Anti to summon the rest of my egos from my mind to the real world to film a video, but something went wrong and suddenly, five of my egos had their memories altered!"

"Wait, back up a minute!" Mark said putting a hand up at Seán to stop him, leaning cover to the screen. "Did you say 'Anti'?"

"Yeah, why?" Seán slid back up in a proper sitting position.

"Anti?"