Take action

Keith sat on the bench during gym as he wore a hoodie and basket ball shorts as many of the other boys wore the same shorts and a tee shirt, as the girls either wore short shorts or leggings in some low cut top or a regular shirt.

He saw lance jogging along side with his other friend, hunk, as they chatted happily. Lance was motivating hunk to keep going as hunk was dying.

Keith never noticed lance before, he seemed invisible, he minded his own business and kept to himself. But he seemed like a genuinely nice person, the way he jogged backwards and went slower for his friend. He was surprised the Cuban wasn't dying as well as keith guessed he was scrawny under his baggy long sleeve, maybe he was a runner cause his legs weren't skin an bones.

Lance seemed almost mysterious, a puzzle. Keith hates puzzles.

He wasn't a mystery like Jason dean, not dark and mysterious at all. Lance was just... odd, like he wasn't showing something, like he was hiding something. He seemed genuine but also fake.

Keith cringed a little when a basketball bounce off the side of Lances head and the boy stumbled back with a cry. The class erupted in laughter as the jocks high fived.

"You okay man?" Hunk asked as lance rubbed his head.

"Yea my ears are just ringing," lance held his head. "And a headache, no biggie," he smiled to ease his friends concern.

"You guys that was unnecessary," hunk looked at griffin and his friends.

"Shut up fat ass," a boy called back but lance frowned at them.

"Leave it hunk," lance mumbled pulling him away.

"Yea take your fat boyfriend somewhere else," griffin smirked.

"Leave him alone, you got me, it's over with," lance snapped back. He could take the punch but he hated when his friends got caught in his mess.

Keith sat back calmly as hunk went to get lance ice as they walked away. Keith knew they were losers but now he understood why they stayed that way. They didn't fight back. They let it happen...

If they don't do something, then they deserve it.

He stopped that shit for himself long ago, he fought back, stopped people from taking advantage of him, trying to use him. He said enough to those around his age and all the teachers that tried. He wasn't afraid of anyone.

"I said leave him alone!" Keith was snapped out of his thoughts as he heard hunks voice and saw lance with a bloody nose now and a basket ball near by.

Keith sighed getting up as he jumped off the bleachers and passed lance and his friend. Going straight for griffin.

"So if you keep hitting him, does that mean I have to keep listening to the same obnoxious laugh of a first grader?" Keith walked up to him with a frown.

"Do you wanna give it a shot?" Griffin bounced a ball to Keith.

"Is it gonna make you laugh?" Keith asked flatly.

"Possibly," he smirked down at him.

"Then no, I hate your laugh," Keith threw the ball back at him. "So knock it off, you sound like a seal,"

Keith looked back annoyed as he saw hunk and lance were already gone.

"Miss mcclain already, he your new boy toy?" Griffin asked in a low tone as keith frowned crossing his arms.

"Why? You miss the title?" Keith hummed walking away.

Keith rolled his eyes hearing the boys behind him make annoying sounds at him and went to the men's bathroom. He paused seeing lance holding toilet paper to his nose as hunk was lecturing him but they both paused seeing Keith.

"Serves you fucking right," Keith leaned against the door crossing his arms.

"Cool," lance tilted his head back and ignored the shorter boy.

"Maybe if you did something, they'd leave you alone," Keith scoffed and lance sent him a glare.

"Keith leave it, fuck off," lance snapped a little and Keith smirked to himself.

"Oh the square is curving," Keith gasped sarcastically.

"It was my fault, leave it," lance sighed a little as he checked the toilet paper.

"That's the thing, it wasn't your fault, you did nothing to deserve it , and hence, you do more of nothing when they got you again," Keith walked towards him with a glare.

"Your a fucking coward," Keith spat.

"Maybe you should mind your own fucking business," lance hissed back with a dark glare.

"Or what?" The raven haired boy challenged.

Lance faltered as he was lost for words, he couldn't do anything back, that's the karma for taking the weaker social status, he may be strong but he had to be a coward. He looked down in shame and Keith went to a stall and grabbed more toilet paper and shoved it in Lances hand.

"Do something and you won't have to fucking deal with this, for fucks sake," Keith said harshly in his ear and left the two as hunk was in shock of what just happened and lance felt more blood run down his upper lip and put the paper to his nose again.

"He didn't punch you?" Hunk whispered in awe.

"He's a dick," Lance whined tilting his head back again as he kicked his feet while he was sitting on the sink.

Allura was going to kill him.