Hunted

As the night came down, there was a bounty out for the twins that broke the law on mutants coming out in the day. They were hunted with a cop on every street and word was the authorities were going to be involved to find them.

"On the roof!"

Allura gasped as she skidded to a stop and turned sharply just as gun shots went off and lance grabbed her to cover both their heads as he pulled his sister to the ground.

"It's been hours and they keep finding us," Allura panted as lance towered over her looking back and saw helicopters circling around them.

"We need to split up, if we can loose them each of us can switch back to looking human and get away," lance got on his knees they avoided behind seen above even.

"We can't split up, what if they get one of us," Allura grabbed his wrist wide eyes.

"Lura we're a hundred times stronger than them, we can do it," lance smirked at her as they got back to their feet.

"But if we get surrounded!" She cried out. It was different than the mutants they usually fought, they were equal or stronger in a fight but a human they couldn't go all out to take them down, they were frail and the world would hate them if they hurt a human, it didn't matter what the human did, mutants were the monsters.

"Stay high, stay hidden, find Lotor or Pidge or hunk, Pidge and hunk at least will let us stay as refuge for the night," lance explained to her.

"Okay, I'll text you if I find a safe spot, you better too," Allura nodded but wasn't confident. He pulled her close in a tight hug and she wrapped her arms around him not wanting to let go.

"I'll see you tomorrow, I promise," he whispered. She nodded and let go soon to only disappear when she jumped off the roof to the alleyway and lance took off in the opposite direction.

He ran closer to the street so they would see him and let Allura have a chance to escape at least.

Lance jumped down and rolled to his feet when he hit the pavement but ran towards the police cars that raced at him with their sirens blaring. He ran up on the hood of a car and took a large leap with his eyes glowing brightly as he flew through the empty air, a small grin under his mask as he was able to throw them off.

He raced down the street as he could hear the police cars struggling to turn back and go after him but he was faster than them, an average human can run 15mph, he could double it with ease and if he really tried to out run them he could run faster.

Until he heard gun shots.

"Shit," he hissed and cried out when he heard a bullet whistle past his head.

Lance grabbed a lamp post and broke it off as he threw it back at the officers that chased after him as it tripped the humans.

He backed into an alleyway as he tried catching his breath as he climbed back on the fire escape trying to hide in the dark instead.

"It's down the ally! Get it!" A man barked from the street and lance jumped to the roof quickly and ran from building to building.

Helicopters chased him with lights and more authorities yelled for him. Lance felt fear in his chest as he jumped from the ledge of a building and landed on a fire escape, he saw Keith inside as he was asleep but he didn't hesitate to open the window. He immediately closed it behind him with a slam.

Keith yelled awake as he grabbed the bat leaning against the wall next to his bed, he was ready to swing but saw the hybrid panting with wide eyes looking out the window, pressing his body against the wall to hide from the lights of the helicopters and cops.

"Blue? What are you..." Keith dropped the bat seeing him shaking a little as lance slid down the wall.

"Are you okay? Your all over the news before, they let the students out as soon as you left today so we could go home," Keith knelt down to him concerned as lance flinched at the police sirens passing.

"I can't believe we showed ourselves in the day, I can't believe i was so stupid," lance gripped his white hair as he stayed on the ground.

"Blue you saved my whole school today, that thing was coming towards us and you saved us, it wasn't for nothing," keith looked at him gently as lance groaned shaking his head.

"Zarkons going to find us knowing we're in the day," he mumbled to himself as he held his face.

"No ones going to find you, just stay here for the night, no ones going to find you here," Keith said softly as he put a hand on the hybrids shoulder.

"My sister," lance looked at him worried.

"If the galra and the police are after us again then the governments going to be on us again, I can't-I can't..." lance covered his face shaking a little.

"Again?" Keith whispered confused as lance whimpered shaking his head.

"Take a deep breath and explain, I'll help best I can," Keith sat in front of him as lance looked back at the window fearful. What if he revealed himself to Keith, he would let him walk out as a brunette right? Just tell another student your a hybrid freak... more students knowing more the chance someone could rat him out.

"That monster before... I think it was one of zarkons, hes the leader of the galra shadows.. he's the one that killed my dad," lance whispered as he hugged his body tightly and closed his eyes.

"When I was little, the government was on my family for being mutants, my sister and I are declared dead five years ago so they've left us alone," he rubbed his face as keith listened.

"But if they know it's us again, I don't know what's going to happen," he whimpered close to tears.

"I'm really scared Keith," lance looked at him with the fear in his blue eyes. Keith didn't know what to say but he let Lance hug him tightly seeing he needed it.

Keith wrapped his arms around Lances shoulders to embrace him as lance held onto his shirt tightly. Even though lance couldn't tell him the truth of who he is, he felt like he could be himself around the boy.

"I'm not going to let them hurt you," Keith whispered against his shoulder.

"Please just stay here, they'll keep hunting you down," Keith hugged him tighter as lance pursed his lips.

"For now, I have to make sure my sisters okay," lance nodded letting go as he reached for his phone.

He smiled seeing the text. She was with Pidge thankfully.

Lance got up and looked out the window seeing the red and blue lights in the streets but nothing was surrounding the building.

"Are you sure it's okay if I stay for a few hours?" Lance looked back at keith unsure as he kept his mask on.

"My brother.. the cop, he's out tonight so no ones going to be home, your safe here," Keith nodded confidently as he closed the blinds seeing the hero was still nervous.

"I can make some tea, come on," he smiled gently at lance as the hybrid blushed softly and nodded.