Affecting

A week ago

Plaxum sat on her balcony in the city as she read a book, the night was peaceful as there were no signs of life after the sun goes down. She had music playing from her phone next to her, her family was sleeping by now.

She heard yells from far away and gasped seeing a body in black and a flash of white thrown past her.

"God Dammit hunt, I told you to keep your distance!" A females voice yelled above her as someone ran across the roof tops.

Mutants.

"Yea I know I pissed it off!" The boy screamed back as he got up with a small wince. Plaxum looked over the side seeing the boy brushing dust off him, he pulled his mask down for a minute, revealing his markings as he wiped blood off his chin and nose.

"Lance?" She breathed wide eyes.

She suspected that he was a mutant, the quick healing was a dead give away, at least not human for sure. Like her and her family at least. But he wasn't just any mutant like her, he was the one outside at night. Hunter and sorceress.

She squealed when she heard a roar and the ground shook when she saw a buff beast charging at him.

Plaxum wanted to yell a warning but covered her mouth seeing Lances eyes glow brightly as he caught the galras large paws as he had more strength than he showed pushing it back.

"Allura a little help!" He yelled taking a step back while the beast was trying to bite him.

"The police are eight miles away, we gotta hurry," the girl jumped down as her hands glowed pink throwing the beast back without touching it.

Plaxum ducked down hoping to not be seen as two figures jumped down but lance immediately kicked one back with his fists up as the girl blocked with a shield.

"Whoa..." Plaxum whispered as it was a buffer shadow lance had to fight but it obviously was more intelligent. Her and lance have been friends for a year or two... but he seemed like a skilled fighter as he blocked and flipped back to dodge only to round house kick the galra in the head.

She watched in awe of him and the girl, could that be his sister he's said he's had? They were both mutants. They were like her...

Lance took a strong punch that snapped his head to the side but he didn't hesitate to throw his fist back into it with a growl.

Plaxum couldn't believe it almost, he was strong, he could fight, it was opposite of who she knew at school, that shy kid that was harassed till he was unconscious and never fought back. Yet they were the same person.

And the fact that there was more like her...

Plaxum smiled a little going back inside as she could hear police sirens coming their way and the lights in the distance. Soon lance and the girl were gone before she could even close the door.

——

"Hey lance," Plaxum walked into class and set a coffee down in front of him as he was dozing off before the class started.

"Oh, hey plaxum," he yawned rubbing his face, she saw he had a split lip and wrappings under his sleeve that barely peaked out.

"Ouch, what happened?" She played dumb as lance covered his wrist.

"I fell," he mumbled looking down.

"You should start wearing bubble wrap," Plaxum smiled brightly as him and lance smiled a little at her as he sipped the coffee she got him.

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you for the coffee..." lance bounced his leg a little pulling his hood down.

"It's really not a problem, I really appreciate you lance, everything you do," Plaxum smiled again as lance looked at her confused with wide eyes, his face was flushed and seemed more nervous.

"Those notes were really helpful," she said quickly rubbing the back of her neck with a nervous chuckle.

"Oh yea, happy to help," Lance gulped biting his lip.

Plaxum smiled turning back to her seat.

Present Day

Lance was writing his essay out during class as it was quiet with the other students working. He had ear buds in to keep his mind steady with his music playing but there was a slight pain in the side of his head making him wince.

Lance took out his earbud and rubbed his temple a little but he saw Plaxum rub hers as well like it was in pain...

His fists clenched tightly as the pain increased. His leg bounced more trying to relieve the tension. It felt like a migraine as he rubbed his palms into his eyes groaning a little.

"Can I be excused?" Lance and plaxum raised their hands and looked at each other surprised.

The teacher waved them off and the two got up as lance kept his head down, his head felt like a needle was going through his brain.

"Sorry Plax, I gotta go," lance held his head as he bit his lip.

"You feel the headache too?" She asked with one eye closed.

"What?" He paused and looked at her.

They jumped as Allura walked down the hallway holding her head as well. She looked up seeing the two confused.

"A-Al what are you doing?" Lance asked confused as his sister flinched when all their headaches increased.

"She's sorceress?" Plaxum asked surprised.

"How-" "cause I pay attention, I saw you two the other day," plaxum cut Allura off as lance now looked afraid.

"Don't worry, I'm like you guys," she whispered but they all cried a little when their ears started to ring.

"Something's affecting the mutants, lotors out too," Allura looked behind them as Lotor held his head as well.

"What the hell is going on?" Lotor glared at them all.