Abused

Keith walked into his next class during school as he saw lance sleeping at the desk from the class previously, the teacher sighed noticing the boy and got up to wake him up. But Keith walked behind her as she poked Lances shoulder.

"Mr mcclain this is not a place to sleep, wake up," she said unamused but he didn't even stir.

The teacher growled a little frustratedly and shook Lances shoulder more aggressively as keith watched flatly as Lances head was against his arms.

"Kid I swear I'll give you detention for this, get your butt up," she shook Lances shoulder again.

"Mcclain up, your in my spot," Keith nudged his knee with his own boot. Lance blinked tiredly as he lifted his head.

"Oh sorry, is class over?" Lance yawned and rubbed his eyes tiredly as the teacher was fuming almost.

"Yep, move," Keith nudged him again and lance nodded waving him off.

"Sorry," he mumbled again getting up from the seat. Keith noticed the bruise on his jaw that Lances hoodie almost hid with his shoulders shrugged up. It startled the paler boy.

Keith dropped his backpack and grabbed landed wrist quickly as he dragged the teen out of the room while the next class was starting with other students pooling in.

Keith forced him to stay as the halls cleared out and lance wasn't completely awake still but just startled and confused by the short boy. What could he want? He couldn't know about him. Lance looked down at his feet blushing softly at keiths touch against his own skin.

"Look, I was in foster care for a long time, I notice a lot of things some people usually  wouldn't," Keith inhaled deeply as he let go of Lances wrist and crossed his own arms.

"Okay?" Lance bit his bottom lip awkwardly not knowing what was going on.

"And I've noticed the bruises, and I know not all of them are from the dick heads at this school, not when I've seen new injuries first thing in the morning," he continued as Lance quirked a brow.

"Griffin just-" "stop," Keith didn't let him try making excuses.

"Do your parents hurt you? Does your family hit you Mcclain?" He asked quietly as Lances eyes widen a little and leaned back against the wall.

"My mom and dad would never," Lance hissed a little at him.

"I'm not trying to assume things but you act like a fucking abused animal," Keith told him still concerned.

"I'm-im not abused at home, I swear," lance gulped avoiding eye contact.

"Does your sister-" "no!" Lance snapped finally with wide eyes full of horror at the idea.

"It's just at school, griffins Hunted me down before and has tried finding where I live, but my dads gone anyways and my sisters at work, it's just here," he told him in a shaky voice. Keith looked at him narrowing his eyes. He was lying, it was obvious but he wouldn't budge.

"Then let me come over," Keith said flatly.

"What?!"

"I'll leave you alone about it if you let me come over, show me nothings going on," he nodded determined as Lances face was bright red as he was mortified by the idea of having someone come over. Only hunk and Pidge have been to his house.

"Why the hell do you care so much?" Lance hugged his body not knowing what to do.

"Because I can," Keith said flatly as lance was panicking.

"No your not coming to my-"

"Uhhh this is where I live I guess?"

Keith walked in behind lance seeing the clean house that had stairs on the side next to the living room as there were coffee mugs in the sink as the kitchen was on the other side.

"I'm going to see if anyone is home... you fucking psychopath," lance mumbled the last part to himself.

Keith didn't seem happy to be there but lance could care less, he wouldn't leave him alone.

"I'm going to be right back and see if my sister left or not," lance told him with a little attitude and went up stairs as keith awkwardly stayed down stairs.

"Lura lura lura," lance ran to his sisters room seeing her sleeping with her black out curtains over her windows.

"No, fuck off," she flashed pink eyes at him in warning.

"No keiths here," he hissed kneeling next to her bed wide eyes.

"What?!" She gasped sitting up and turned her hair brown.

"Just hide! He thinks I'm abused, don't come out," lance told her quickly and she got off the bed as lance went back downstairs so Keith wouldn't get curious.

"Sorry I guess she went to work, um so what did you want to see?" Lance ran back down the stairs with an awkward smile. He saw Keith looking at a picture frame that had a picture of Lances and Alluras mother and father, their mother had a baby bump as they held up a picture of twins on a ultra sound. Alfor was hugging her from behind with a goofy grin.

"Where are your parents again?" Keith asked softly as he looked at the picture.

"I told you my parents are over seas," lance walked over and grabbed the picture frame from him, setting it back down.

"Don't touch anything please," he told him quietly. There wasn't many pictures of his mother and he didn't want anything to happen to them, or the ones of his father.

"Those bruises aren't normal, how the hell do you get them? Or the limping, and hurt wrists?" Keith sighed shaking his head.

"um my bruises don't show up till later, takes a while to form from getting beaten after school," lance gulped looking away as he went to go make some coffee for the night.

"It's a twin thing," he blushed a little as keit stared at him.

"You better get going though, it's going to get dark soon, especially with winter coming up," lance glance out the window nervously.

"Right, your scared of the shadows," Keith nodded calmly.

"Your not?" Lance asked softly.

"No, not really," he told him keeping a straight face.

"Why?" The brunette asked a little to quickly. Keith didn't seem to notice.

"I know it's safe at night," Keith mumbled with a shrug.

"I'll leave you alone now I guess," he shrugged again turning around.

"But lance," Keith looked back at him as he opened the door.

"Don't be afraid to fight back," he said seriously. Lance felt heat rush to his face and ears and looked away quickly.

"I'll try," lance laughed a little.

"Sorry for bothering you," Keith sighed as he went outside.

"Your not a bad person keith, i know you just wanted to make sure I'm not having a shitty living house hold either," the hybrid smiled brightly at him as keith stood outside. Keith paused for a moment looking at him, he swallowed a lump in his throat and nodded softly.

"See You tomorrow," Keith said under his breath and walked away with his hands in his pocket.

Lance closed the door and crouched down to his knees and hands clasped together.

"Oh my goooooood I thought he'd never leave!" Lance screamed into his hands.

"You dumb ass!" Allura ran down the stairs.

"im Sorry!" Lance shrieked running away as she was upset for hiding in her own house.