Careful

Lance panted as he laid on the ground with griffins foot on his chest while the other students laughed a little at the weaker boy. He covered his head quickly when a boot came flying at him.

"Your just so pathetic," James laughed down at him.

Lance didn't care, the bruises would go away. For all he knew this was the only way Griffin was able to express his anger, his frustrations. He knew it wasn't okay but it was better him to get hurt than a human who would probably be much worst by now. Pain was temporary.

"Not even mommy and daddy want to stick around to be with you mcclain, fucking pathetic," Griffin snorted and kicked him in the side. Lance gasped at the sore marks on him. He was lucky the gashes closed up and were still healing but it was sore and sensitive.

"Aren't you going to fight back bitch?" He sneered grabbing lance by the collar and pulled him close.

"Or are you just that weak to do anything about it?" He growled as lance looked away closing his eyes.

"I don't care, get it over with," lance mumbled but gasped when he was punched in the face, he fell to the ground and covered his head feeling multiple people kicking at him.

"Yo the fuck you doing?!" A voice yelled as Lances ears rung from hitting his head to hard before.

"Joining the fun?" James smiled.

"He's down, just go,"

"Why do you care?"

"Dude he was just sick on the weekend, keep shitting on him your going to loose your favorite punching bag,"

Lance waited for another kick or hit but instead he saw people leave when he peaked his eyes open a little, only seeing a pair of black combat boots sticking around till the others left.

"You still alive?" Keith squatted down and tilting his head to the side with a cocky smirk.

"Oh, hey?" Lance gulped sitting up finally and rubbed his head.

"Thought we talked about this?" Keith helped him to his feet as their hands clasped around each other.

"I don't mind, call it volunteer work," lance winked at him as he stood his full height to stretch, Keith was surprised by how he probably hit 6 feet tall but lance slouched instead. It reminded him of when lance towered over him looking like he just ran a marathon coming out of the bathroom.

"Mcclain that's not how that works," Keith crossed his arms annoyed.

"It's whatever," lance smiled with a shrug as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand with a chuckle.

"Not like he hits hard or anything," he grins.

"What the hell are you two doing? Keith are you skipping again?!" The principal called over as the two jumped.

"Kolivan chill, I'm not doing anything illegal," Keith crossed his arms as Kolivan looked over and saw lance with his best up face.

"Again mcclain?" He sighed and lance immediately put his head down.

"I'm tired of leaving your parents voice mails, keep this up I'll need to have someone come in for me to talk too kid..." Kolivan walked to him as lance hugged his body but shook his head.

"Sorry, I'll try better," he whispered keeping his head down. Keith glared at the adult.

"That's bullshit, lance can't do anything bout him getting bullied, why don't you talk to Griffin to stop assaulting him every day!?" Keith snapped at Kolivan as lance was surprised.

"Keith stop please," Lance gulped.

"No, for fucks sake your apologizing for getting beat up, why don't you fucking do your job Kolivan!" He yelled at the tall buff man as he seemed unimpressed.

"Detention," Kolivan said sternly.

"Fuck you," Keith spat.

"Mcclain can I talk to you alone?" The man asked the teenager. He nodded softly and followed his principal to the side as keith stayed back but looked angry about it.

"Lance this is out of hand, if I have to pull you and your sister to the side with your parents-" "no! No.. Allura and I are doing fine and I'm not even hurt, it's just boys being boys, I am okay," lance cut him off quickly.

"Then why won't the boys stop and your parents won't pick up?" Kolivan sighed shaking his head at him.

Lance pursed his lips and shrugged.

"... I think you should get back into sports kid, I remember freshman year you were a natural, it'll give you purpose again, I'll take to the coaches," Kolivan put a hand on his shoulder and lance looked up at him.

"I-I don't think I can do that, I can't afford that," lance shook his head.

"Lance if it's getting rough at home again let me help you kid," Kolivan said gently.

"I'll think about it okay? I don't think I'm in good enough shape to do it again," lance shrugged and tried walking away.

Keith watched lance leave and looked back at Kolivan with a glare.

"You still have detention, you need to stop skipping," Kolivan told him sternly.

"I don't care, sure, whatever," Keith sighed shaking his head waving him off.

"Also Keith, be careful with that boy," he said quietly as he passed Keith on his way out.

Keith looked at him confused as he was left alone. What did he mean by that? Did he think Keith was hurting him or something? Did he really think lance was being harassed by him? He might be the only person in school that hasn't. There was very few people who haven't laid a hand on him.

Keith looked through the window inside the school as he saw Lance being tackled by a girl who seemed very concerned with the bruises on his face. He smiled trying to assure her he was fine, she shook her head not believing him. Plaxum was her name maybe? He knew the two were friends from class. She also got bullied. 

Be careful with that boy.

What could that possibly mean? Why did Kolivan say that to him unless it meant something..

Keith sighed taking out a cigarette. He already had detention, what not just go with it at this point?