Ghosting

Lance stared at his phone as he stood on top of the roof looking over the city, he sighed pressing call and let the phone ring.

"Hello,"

"Hey Ryan," lance sighed softly with the phone by his ear.

"Hey, everything okay? I heard about the district," kinkade asked concerned.

"I'm fine, for now," lance laughed with no humor.

"What's going on then?"

"I'm blocking and deleting your number, I'm having no one on my phone outside the city except Allura," lance closed his eyes as he knew this would crush his oldest friend.

"What? Why? That's ridiculous lance don't-" "I'm not having you dragged into this, if they see who's on my phone I don't know what will happen, closer I get to moving I'm doing it to more and more people, plus I'm changing my number," lance explained quickly before ryan could get to much to say.

"Ryan I was so close to being caught today, I was going to run without saying good bye to anyone, so I guess this is my goodbye now so I don't regret not getting one in before I leave," he ran a hand through his icy white hair.

"Lance..."

"Ryan, I'm sorry, thank you for all that you've done, for being there when I was crumbling, for letting me feel like I was loved, but I'm saying good bye," he inhaled deeply as he kept his voice steady.

"Can I see you?" Ryan asked softly.

"No, I can't," lance shook his head.

"Bye Ryan.." he gulped a little.

"Bye lance," Ryan whispered and hung up.

Allura put a hand on her brothers shoulder and he turned to her, he handed her his phone and she blocked the number then deleted the contact for him. She hugged him tightly.

"You going to be okay?" Allura whispered in his ear.

"Yea," lance smiled hugging her back.

"We make our groups small it'll be easier, I already have my other phone for al," she sighed letting go as she shook her pony tail a little.

"Exactly, pidge and hunk are the last though, I'm keeping them as long as I can," lance told her gently and she nodded.

"And Keith?" She asked.

Lance blushed a little looking away.

"He already knows to much lance, Hes the reason-" "hey hey hey, don't... don't blame him, it's my fault he's even involved," lance waved her off and allura pursed her lips.

"Should I tell him?" He asked.

"That you have a crush or that your a hybrid?" Allura asked flatly.

Lance paused.

"I just want to talk to him," lance whispered.

"You just broke it off with Ryan, is that a good idea?" Allura asked concerned.

"Probably not," lance rubbed his face.

"Fine, go ahead, just don't stay for the night," she sighed shrugging and lance blushed a little more.

Did he actually have feelings for Keith or did he just like the feeling of being able to talk to him as himself than the timid wimp at school?

"I'll be right back," lance sighed and jumped off the roof as Allura stayed back.