Old friends

"So what's the heaviest you can lift?" Pidge asked as she leaned against the lockers next to Lances as hunk held his and Lances coffees.

"How heavy are trucks?" Lance asked calmly as he grabbed the books he needed.

"Over 3,000 pounds, at the max," hunk looked at his phone.

"So about that, it just sucks when it's bigger than you," lance sighed looking at his friends.

"How long do you heal then? With you getting your ass handed every day, are your injuries worst than you say?" Pidge crosses her arms looking up.

"Broke my arm three days ago, now it's a little bruised," lance rolled up his sleeve and showed Pidge where there was a ring around half way of his forearm.

"What kind of break?" Pidge touched it curiously.

"It was a displaced fracture, hurt like a bitch," lance sighed covering his arms again.

"What about your tattoos?" Pidge smirked up at him as lance was growing more and more self conscious of telling them.

"They're markings, we were born with them, they match our blood and pupils, Allura has pink blood and pupils and mines blue, and glow," lance blushed as he covered his mouth so no one could understand him.

"Do you know why?" She pushed.

"Genetics, our kind basically are glow sticks," he mumbled avoiding eye contact.

Suddenly someone shoved lance back and pushed him against the wall as Pidge cried out in surprise. Lance gasped not knowing who was ambushing him as they had one hand over his eyes.

"Hey bitch ass why don't you fucking look at me?" A deep voice growled in his ear.

"Cause your covering my eyes asshole," lance burst out laughing as he moved the hand away and saw kinkade looking down at him.

"What are you doing here?" Lance wrapped his arms around the darker boy as kinkade smiled hugging him back.

"I told you I was gonna come visit you," kinkade pulled back smirking down as he was a inch or two taller than lance.

"God you've gotten taller, how the fuck?" Lance smirked back.

"It happens," kinkade brushed Lances bangs away from his face smiling softly.

"So how long are you staying?" Lance pursed his lips leaning against the wall smiling back.

"Hi um before you continue, who the fuck is this?" Pidge waved and motioned to the other boy as he was the same height as hunk.

"This is Kinkade, he transferred to another school before you guys came around," lance introduced.

"We use to-" "play soccer together," lance smiled brightly as he elbowed kinkade in the side.

"I-Uh yea, lance taught me a lot when he was captain," kinkade caught on blushing a little as he glanced at lance.

"Captain?!" Hunk blinked confused.

"He never told you? Lance was the best, coach said he could get a scholarship if he kept it up," kinkade wrapped his arm around Lances shoulders.

"Why'd you stop?" Pidge smiled at him interested.

"Things came up," lance ran a hand through his hair. "Suspended and family crisis,"

"Kinkade and my sister really helped me a lot," he sighed pushing kinkade off.

Pidge looked at the two as she saw a boy in the back staring at them with his dark blue eyes. She recognized him as Lotor from the other day.

"Can't believe lance had friends before us, nice to meet you kinkade, I'm Pidge and this is hunk," she put a hand on her hip and nodded to lance to look behind him. He glanced back and turned back real quick with annoyance in his eyes.

"You might wanna go before James finds out," lance turned to kinkade putting his hand on his upper arm.

"I'll keep him off you as long as I'm here," kinkade hugged him softly and whispered something in his ear for Only lance to hear.

Lance hugged him tighter and hid his face in kinkade shoulder more and nodded.

"See you around Ryan," lance breathed letting go.

"Take care mcclain," he smiled back and walked away as he passed Lotor but the hidden mutant glared at lance.

"So like you two were close?" Hunk asked as lance held his hands together.

"Yea, but he doesn't know about me and Allura," lance sighed again as he looked at him friends with a soft smile.

"What did he say?" Pidge asked.

"You know you can always come to me when you need someone to listen," 13 year old kinkade sat on the roof with 13 year old lance.

"I know, but when you leave it's gonna go down hill," lance had his head leaned against kinkade shoulder.

"For however long you need me, I'll be here," kinkade kissed his forehead and lance smiled softly blushing.

"Thank you, sorry I got suspended," lance mumbled against him.

"Sorry you got caught beating on that kid," kinkade wrapped his arm around his boyfriend.

"I'm going to miss you next year," lance buried his face in his shoulder.

"I won't be far enough, to bad we had to stay a secret for the time being," kinkade pouted a little but lance looked up at him softly.

"I'm not embarrassed of being with you, I just don't know what our classmates would do if they knew, they're not nice," Lance told him quietly and kinkade nodded knowing he was right.

"Besides. This feels more special," he whispered kissing kinkade cheek smiling as the other boy giggled.

"It's an inside joke, he's a jerk like that," lance smiled back.